SIGN OF THINGS TO COME? NJ Dems Charged with Electoral Fraud for Alleged Mail-in Voting Scam

Mail-in voting opens pandora’s box for fraud opportunities.

By Shane Trejo – 6/26/2020

Three New Jersey Democrat politicians are being charged with fraud relating to a mail-in voting scam that allegedly happened as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The charges have been filed against a city councilman, a councilman-elect, the brother of another councilman, and a fourth individual for election fraud in May’s special election. The entire election was conducted via mail-in voting due to fears related to the coronavirus.

NJ 1st Ward Councilman Michael Jackson is accused of collecting mail-in ballots and giving them to the Passaic County Board of Elections without indicating that he was the official bearer with his signature. Prosecutors also allege that Jackson handed in at least one ballot before it had been properly filled out.

In addition, Alex Mendez, another Democrat who was victorious in the 3rd Ward election, allegedly collected mail-in ballots from different voters and submitted fraudulent voter registration applications.

Jackson won re-election with 844 votes while his opponents received 599 and 490 votes, respectively. Mendez won his post with 1,595 votes with his nearest competition receiving 1,350 votes.

The U.S. Postal Inspection Service became aware of the alleged scam when they found several hundred mail-in ballots that were “bundled” in a mailbox in Paterson, with hundreds of other ballots found in a different mailbox in nearby Haledon. Overall, there were at least 800 ballots implicated in the alleged scam. This was enough to potentially influence the results of last month’s elections.

Other instances of alleged fraud were reportedly a family affair. Shelim Khalique, a 51-year-old Wayne resident, whose councilman brother, Shahim Khalique, won by just a few votes as a candidate in the 2nd Ward, is accused of illegally collecting and delivering mail-in ballots as well. Khalique is also facing charges of illegally employing a sex offender for his transportation company and hiring school bus drivers without qualifications.

Another suspect Abu Razyen, 21, of Prospect Park, has been taken into custody and charged with mishandling ballots as well.

“Today’s charges send a clear message: If you try to tamper with an election in New Jersey, we will find you and we will hold you accountable,” state Attorney General Gurbir Grewal said after the charges were announced. “We will not allow a small number of criminals to undermine the public’s confidence in our democratic process.”

“While it’s gravely disappointing to see another episode of potential corruption in Paterson, I remain hopeful that this is the final chapter in what unfortunately has plagued our city for generations,” Mayor Andre Sayegh said in a written statement.

“I applaud the Attorney General’s Office for their vigilance, as we look forward toward a seismic shift in our political culture that prioritizes the ideals of democracy that my administration so greatly values,” he added.

With Democrats pushing for nationwide mail-in voting because of the COVID-19 pandemic, what happened in NJ last month could easily happen across the country in November unless electoral integrity is enforced.

Council advances plan to dismantle Minneapolis Police Dept

in this June 1, 2020 file photo, an emotional Terrence Floyd, second from right, is comforted as he sits at the spot at the intersection of 38th Street and Chicago Avenue, Minneapolis, Minn., where his brother George Floyd, encountered police and died while in their custody. A dispatcher who was …

By Breitbart – 6/26/2020

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Minneapolis City Council on Friday unanimously approved a radical proposal to change the city charter that would allow the police department to be dismantled, following mass public criticism of law enforcement over the killing of George Floyd.

The 12-0 vote is just the first step in a process that faces significant bureaucratic obstacles to make the November ballot, where the city’s voters would have the final say. And it came amid a spate of recent shootings in Minnesota’s largest city that have heightened many citizens’ concerns about talk of dismantling the department.

The Minneapolis force has come under heavy pressure since Floyd, a Black man in handcuffs, died May 25 after a police officer pressed his knee on Floyd’s neck for nearly eight minutes. Activists had long accused the department of being unable to change a racist and brutal culture, and earlier this month, a majority of the council proclaimed support for dismantling the department.

Doing so would first require amending the city charter. Draft language of the amendment posted online would replace the department with a Department of Community Safety and Violence Prevention, “which will have responsibility for public safety services prioritizing a holistic, public health-oriented approach.”

The amendment goes on to say the director of the new agency would have “non-law-enforcement experience in community safety services, including but not limited to public health and/or restorative justice approaches.” It also provides for a division of licensed peace officers, who would answer to the department’s director.

Council members who support the change are looking to seize on a groundswell of support for significant policing changes following Floyd’s death. If they don’t get the charter change on the November ballot, their next chance won’t come until November 2021, they say.

“It is time to make structural change,” Council Member Steve Fletcher said. “It is time to start from scratch and reinvent what public safety looks like.”

The proposed amendment is expected to be approved Friday, but that’s just a first step. It goes then to a policy committee and to the city’s Charter Commission for formal review. The commission’s recommendation doesn’t bind the council, but it takes time.

Barry Clegg, chairman of the Charter Commission, said the process feels rushed.

“As I understand it, they are saying, ‘We are going to have this new department. We don’t know what it’s going to look like yet. We won’t implement this for a year, we’ll figure it out,’” Clegg said. “For myself anyway, I would prefer that we figured it out first, and then voted on it.”

Clegg said that to get the proposed amendment question on the November ballot, it has to be finalized by Aug. 21. He said if the Charter Commission took its final action at its Aug. 5 meeting, there would likely be enough time for it to get passed by the full council, go through a veto period, and then, if vetoed, have time to spare for a possible mayoral veto override. Once on the ballot, the measure would go to voters.

Mayor Jacob Frey doesn’t support abolishing the department, a stance that got him booed off the street by activists who demonstrated outside his house following Floyd’s death and demanded to know where he stood.

Frey expressed concerns about the proposed amendment as currently drafted, including whether the change would eliminate police altogether or allow for a police presence going forward. He also said that when something currently goes wrong, the chief and the mayor are accountable — but under the new plan, accountability would be dispersed among 14 people. Frey also questioned whether policing practices would vary, based on ward or other factors.

“There is a significant lack of clarity. And if I’m seeing a lack of clarity, so are our constituents,” said Frey, who has said he supports deep structural change in the existing department.

Fletcher said under the new agency when someone calls 911, there will always be a response that’s appropriate, including the option for a response by employees authorized to use force. But he said the vast majority of calls that police officers currently take will be answered by employees with different expertise.

Miski Noor, an organizer with Black Visions, criticized the proposed amendment for creating a division of licensed peace officers at all. She said it “would give current and former police way too much power to shape public safety in Minneapolis.”

Steven Belton, president and chief executive of Urban League Twin Cities, said the way some council members went forward without a concrete plan is “irresponsible.”

“The problem that needs to be stated up front, from my perspective, is racism. … I’m not sure what they are trying to fix here,” he said.

Don Blyly, whose beloved science fiction and mystery bookstores were destroyed by arson in the unrest that followed Floyd’s death, said if local leaders do something “sufficiently stupid” when it comes to policing, he won’t reopen in Minneapolis.

“There are legitimate problems with the Minneapolis police, but the way the politicians are going about it is just ridiculous,” Blyly said. “They are pandering to a certain segment of the electorate.”

‘CHICAGO WORSE THAN AFGHANISTAN’: TRUMP BLASTS HIGH CRIME RATE IN ‘DEMOCRAT-RUN’ CITIES, SAYS IT’S LIKE LIVING IN HELL

More than 100 people, including several children, were shot in Chicago just over the weekend

‘Chicago worse than Afghanistan’: Trump blasts high crime rate in ‘Democrat-run’ cities, says it’s like living in HELL

US President Donald Trump said that Democratic Party mayors and the Barack Obama administration have done “virtually nothing” to combat violent crime in major American cities like Detroit and Chicago.

“Chicago is an example, it’s worse than Afghanistan, it’s worse than… Honduras,” Trump told Fox News anchor Sean Hannity.

We have cities that are worse, in some cases – far worse. Take a look at Detroit. Take a look at what’s happening in Oakland. Take a look at what’s happening in Baltimore… These cities, it’s like living in hell.

Trump said that these cities are “Democrat-run,” blaming the Democratic Party for doing “virtually nothing” to curb the high crime rate.

Though the annual murder rate has decreased in Chicago in recent years, it remains as one of America’s most dangerous cities, along with Detroit and Baltimore. More than 100 people, including several children, were shot in Chicago just over the weekend, 15 of them fatally. On May 31, 18 people were killed in the city, making it the single most violent day in Chicago in six decades, local media reported.

Trump also warned that he will intervene in Seattle, Washington, where activists set up a six-block ‘autonomous’ zone downtown, known as CHAZ/CHOP, barring police from entry. Several shootings took place at the area, leaving one man dead.

“If they don’t do something with Seattle, we’re going to do that. We’re going to go in there,” the president said.

The activist-run enclave in Seattle was established during a wave of anti-racism and police brutality protests triggered by the death of an unarmed black man, George Floyd, during a botched arrest attempt by a white police officer in Minneapolis, Minnesota, last month. Some protest rallies in major cities were followed by fierce riots and looting.

The deaths of Floyd and other African Americans in encounters with officers have led to a rise in anti-police sentiment across the country.

Video: Terrorized Virginia Woman Being Attacked by BLM Mob is Told to “Call City Hall” by 911 Operator

A Virginia woman and her child were being attacked by a Black Lives Matter mob, so the woman called 911. Her call reached the 911 operator who did absolutely nothing but tell her to “call city hall.”

Tucker Carlson played the 911 call tonight as an example of how our local leaders are not protecting the citizens they were sworn to represent. When it comes down to it, local governments are caving to the mob and telling their police officers to stand down.

Listen to the frightened woman who is in shock when the 911 operator calmly refuses to help her:

There are numerous examples of citizens who desperately tried to reach the police or were attacked in their cars, but no one helped. Here is one from Santa Monica, California:

The victims are being made out to be the enemy. A recent article by NPR claimed people on the “far-right” have been running over people in the street. They cited 50 incidences. NPR would have their readers believe that far-right Americans suddenly decided just to start running over people? Doesn’t it have to do with the frightened motorists like the woman above who gunned it for safety when the mob came for them?

NPR is partly taxpayer-funded, so it’s important for them to be fair and balanced. They’re not. Americans need to know that their hard-earned taxpayer dollars are going to a media outlet that is as biased as CNN or MSNBC. In fact, one of their reporters is a regular on MSNBC. Yamiche Alcindor has been needling President Trump at White House press conferences for months. Should a reporter for NPR be grandstanding for the left?

NPR got caught and apologized yesterday for using the wrong photo. They replaced the photo with one from three years ago! They continued to push the false narrative that “right-wing extremists” are “turning cars into weapons”:

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 11.25.54 AM

NPR didn’t consider that people were frightened by a crowd surrounding their car and attacking them.

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 11.27.05 AM

Rep. Waters: “Incompetent and Heartless” Trump More Concerned About Statues Than Coronavirus

Just as her broken district begins to recover from riots, looting, and arson, the Los Angeles representative, Maxine Waters denounced the President claiming he “is more focused on saving statues of slaveholders, Confederate generals, and racists, than protecting the health of living and breathing Americans.”

“The United States remains the epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic, with more than 2.4 million cases and more than 124,000 deaths. My home state of California, Arizona, Texas, and Florida have seen their coronavirus cases skyrocket in the past two weeks,” Waters added. As the country and markets react to a second “scare” of coronavirus, Waters sidetracked the growing, social plague threatening the United States. The movement flooding major U.S. cities from Los Angeles to New York has caused the torching and looting of generational businesses.

The protests began following the death of George Floyd, a black man who was killed in Minneapolis under police custody. The phone-recorded video of his arrest showed an officer kneeling on Floyd’s neck for nearly nine minutes while the man called, “I can’t breathe.” Those three words have become the rallying cry for democrats as they call for defunding the police.

As reported by The Hill, The twenty-nine-year, career politician, Maxine Waters, issued a lengthy statement attacking the President’s focus on condemning the actions of rioters and protestors as historic statues across the country increasingly fall or become defaced. Later this week, Trump will take up the pen to direct law enforcement to prosecute individuals involved in the devastation of federal or state monuments.

“I think many of the people that are knocking down the statues don’t even have any idea what the statute is, what it means, who it is when they knocked it down,” Trump said on Wednesday, in an unrelated press conference with Polish President Andrzej Duda, according to NY Daily News.

 

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑