Dr. Drew: Los Angeles Faces Imminent Outbreak of Bubonic Plague

Los Angeles Homeless (Frederic J. Brown / AFP / Getty)

By Joel B. Pollak

Dr. Drew Pinsky said Friday that Los Angeles faces an imminent outbreak of bubonic plague because of the growth of the homeless population and the failure of state and local authorities to deal with rodent problems.

Dr. Drew made his comments during a Periscope broadcast by Dilbert cartoonist Scott Adams, who has become a popular political pundit with a daily live audience of thousands of people.

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 3.05.19 PM

Dr. Drew told Adams that he had predicted the recent typhus outbreak in Los Angeles, which was carried by rats, transferred by fleas to pets, and from pets to humans.

Bubonic plague, Dr. Drew said, like typhus, is endemic to the region, and can spread to humans from rodents in a similar fashion.

Though commonly recognized as the medieval disease responsible for the Black Death in the fourteenth century, which killed one-third of the population of Europe, the last outbreak of bubonic plague in the U.S. was nearly a century ago, from 1924 to 1925 — also in Los Angeles. Only a “heroic effort” by doctors stopped it, Dr. Drew recalled, warning that conditions were perfect for another outbreak of the plague in the near future.

Los Angeles is one of the only cities in the country, Dr. Drew said, that has no rodent control plan. “And if you look at the pictures of Los Angeles, you will see that the homeless encampments are surrounded by dumps. People defecate there, they throw their trash there, and the rats just proliferate there.”

Moreover, he said, homeless people were defecating directly into city drains, which flowed to the Pacific Ocean. “We have the sewage of 60,000 people hitting the ocean every day,” he said.

Though there were adequate financial resources, Dr. Drew said, homelessness would not be solved by building more housing, because the fundamental problems were mental illness and drug addictions, which created an “attachment to this lifestyle” on the streets.

The city had been successful at absorbing hundreds of thousands of “undocumented immigrants,” Dr. Drew observed, which showed that the focus on housing was a “hoax.”

But changes in mental health policy — partly as a result of public reactions to films like One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, which was harshly critical of mental health institutions — had made it much more difficult to commit people to institutional care.

Dr. also said that prison reform initiatives, such as Proposition 47 of 2014– which reduced sentences, but without improvements to rehabilitation — had also played a role by letting more criminals out on the street, some of whom joined the homeless population.

And efforts at relocating the homeless — either to treatment or to prison — ran into lawsuits from the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), whom Dr. Drew described as “do-gooders” without any idea about how to solve the underlying problem.

“How many people must die before you change your philosophy?” Dr. Drew asked, rhetorically.

Some, Dr. Drew said, said that the situation in Los Angeles was approaching a national emergency that would require the intervention of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the Red Cross, and the National Guard. He said that he himself had not reached that conclusion yet, but that he was “ready to pull that trigger if we start to see the diseases that I think we are going to.”

Recently, President Donald Trump threatened to intervene in California’s growing homelessness crisis, prompting L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti and Governor Gavin Newsom to push back — without offering any solutions.

“I have a government that is ignoring the basic needs of human civilization,” Dr. Drew said, exasperated.

A recent count of the homeless population revealed that it had risen 12% over the last year, to nearly 60,000 people. Mayor Eric Garcetti, who promised to end homelessness when he first ran for office in 2013, has failed to deal with the problem despite local tax hikes to provide additional revenues. He now faces a recall effort over his failure.

Iran confiscates British tanker in Strait of Hormuz – IRGC

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 2.46.34 PM

The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps has seized the British oil tanker Stena Impero in the Strait of Hormuz, Iranian media reported. UK authorities said the tanker had ‘veered off course’ before capture.

The Stena Impero was headed to Saudi Arabia but left the international sea lanes and headed north towards the Iranian island of Qeshm, marine tracking data showed on Friday.

Prior to the seizure, the tanker turned off its tracking device and had ignored warnings, Iranian military sources told state media.

“The reason behind the detention of the British tanker is that it did not adhere to the sea routes in the Strait of Hormuz, turned off the automatic identification system (AIS), polluted international waters and did not pay attention to the warnings of Iran,” the source said.

The 30,000-ton tanker is owned by Stena Bulk, and was bound for the Saudi port of Al Jubail.

Stena issued a statement that the ship was “approached by unidentified small crafts and a helicopter during transit of the Strait of Hormuz, while the vessel was in international waters.”

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 2.49.20 PM

The company is “presently unable to contact the vessel which is now heading north towards Iran.” There are 23 crew members aboard.

UK authorities said they were “assessing the situation following reports of an incident in the Gulf.”

Another tanker, the Liberian-flagged Mesdar, abruptly changed course and headed for the Iranian mainland on Friday evening. The ship is owned by Norbulk Shipping UK and was bound for Ras Tanura in Saudi Arabia.

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 2.51.21 PM

Tehran and London have been at odds since July 4, when Royal Marines boarded and seized Iranian tanker Grace 1 off Gibraltar, accusing the ship of illegally transporting oil to Syria. Iranian authorities condemned the seizure as “piracy” and vowed to retaliate.

Six days later, the Royal Navy said its frigate HMS Montrose intervened to prevent several Iranian boats from seizing the UK-flagged tanker British Heritage in the Persian Gulf.

Earlier this week, alarms were raised after the disappearance of the Emirati-based tanker MT Riah, flying the Panamanian flag. Iran said the tanker experienced technical troubles and had been towed to port for repairs.

On Thursday, a US warship entered the Persian Gulf and reportedly shot down an Iranian drone that had approached to within 1,000 meters in a “threatening” manner. Iran has denied losing any drones, however.

Washington has sought to establish a “coalition” of allied navies in the region to ensure “freedom of navigation” in the Strait of Hormuz, one of the most important shipping lanes in the world for oil traffic.

 

Library System Rejects ‘Drag Queen Story Hour’ So… Atlanta Mayor Held it at CITY HALL

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 2.29.27 PM

By Dean Garrison

Just when you think that things can’t get any more bizarre, they always do.

For those who have been following the insane Drag Queen Story Hours, happening across America, you may find it heartening that the Fulton County library system pulled support for such an event.

Trending: Colorado State University Tells Students to Stop Using Offensive Term ‘Americans’

Unfortunately, they were unsuccessful keeping them out of Atlanta because liberal Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms then invited one of the drag queens to perform at City Hall.

Seriously.

The Atlanta Journal Constitution Reported:

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms has invited a drag queen to hold a children’s story time at City Hall after the county library system pulled its support for the event to be held at an Alpharetta branch.

Bottoms made the invitation Friday afternoon over Twitter to Miss Terra Cotta Sugarbaker, the drag persona of 40-year-old Buford native Steven Igarashi-Ball: “Miss Terra Cotta Sugarbaker and all of our LGBTQ friends are always welcome at Atlanta City Hall. How about we host your next story hour? @CityofAtlanta—let’s make it happen! #OneAtlanta 🌈”

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 2.32.13 PM

The invitation was accepted and the first event was actually held at City Hall just over 2 weeks ago.

From WABE on June 28:

Miss Terra Cotta Sugarbaker — the drag persona of 40-year-old Buford native Steven Igarashi-Ball — will be hosting “Drag Queen Story Hour” at Atlanta City Hall.

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms will be hosting the event. This event came after the county library system pulled its support for a “Drag Queen Story Hour” reading event at an Alpharetta branch.

Mayor Bottoms invited Miss Sugarbaker via Twitter:

The event was eventually put back on the calendar, but Miss Sugarbaker was met with some hostility once arriving to the library.

Regardless, the reading still had a sold-out show and Alpharetta Mayor Pro-Tem Donald Mitchell attended the event to show his support.

“That’s the beauty of public spaces, like a library. They should offer something for everyone, and they should be a safe space for everyone,” Igarashi-Ball said.

Igarashi-Ball has been a part of these library readings for the last two years. He reads mostly at charity events and public libraries around the Atlanta area.

So the library system eventually caved but the Mayor wanted the event at City Hall anyway.

Did you notice the phrase “sold-out show” in the above?

They did not actually sell tickets to the June 29th event, but they did require reservations. You can see more at this Event Brite site.

Here is a video report from Fox 5 Atlanta:

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/drag-queen-hosts-story-time-at-atlanta-city-hall

There were some demonstrators that were against the event.

They may have outnumbered the supporters but we won’t hear that from the liberal media.

And… as for the sold out show claim…

I counted 13 kids in the above screenshot.

There are over a million people in Fulton County, so despite the hype we can rest assured that MOST of them are still sane.

But what the heck were the parents of those 13 kids thinking?

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 2.36.33 PM

Berkeley City Councilor Calls Tucker Carlson “White Supremacist Goblin”

The California progressive had led a drive to rename manholes “maintenance holes.”

By Richard Moorhead

A Berkeley, California city councilor denied a request to appear on primetime Fox News host Tucker Carlson’s show on Thursday in prolific fashion.

Rigel Robinson tweeted an email exchange with a booker for Carlson’s show, in which he called the primetime host a “white supremacist goblin.”

The city councilor had sponsored a drive to rename manholes- the term commonly used in the English language for the covers of sewer access pipes on the streets- to “maintenance holes.” According to Robinson, the new word imagined for the the objects is nominally more “inclusive” than its predecessor.

Carlson’s scheduler reached out hoping to book Robinson to explain his move. Robinson flipped out in response, making the leap from gender-neutral language to accusing Carlson of racism in relatively unprecedented terms.

“Unfortunately I won’t be able to come on the show,” Robinson expressed in his email. “Tucker Carlson is a dangerous, xenophobic, racist, white supremacist goblin who I am not interested in engaging with.”

The email thread in which Robinson accused Carlson of being a fantasy creature from J.R.R Tolkien’s universe was deleted on Twitter as of Friday morning, and it’s unclear if the tweet was removed by the city councilor or censored by Twitter. Robinson’s affiliation with the progressive left makes the former far more likely.

Although his desperate bid to avoid being questioned on Orwellian redefinition tactics appears to have succeeded for now, the progressive has made it clear that he has no genuine argument for stripping the term “manhole” of its commonly known and traditional title.

Brian Is On the Case

Published on Jul 19, 2019

blackkey1976
So the CNN DNC propagandists are mad legitimate journalists got invited to the White House…. How surprising….

180

george davis
Propaganda is not free speech . Shut down msm

99

Boxcar Bubba
I think Brian Stelter could do those Pillsberry Doughboy commercials .

131

Jessaka Powers
The other 60% of Stelter’s viewers come from airports playing cnn 24/7.

119

SERVO DESTROYER
That eunuch Brian Stelter is finally understanding meme warfare

61

Kitten Korleone
Fringe troll????? Mark, don’t you have a larger viewership than little Brian??? Whose calling who a troll??

73

George Barrett
You holding back laughter as Brian Stelter’s voice is😂😂😂

49

Wyatt Ryder
Put glasses on him and he’s George Costanza of Seinfeld.

43

# Guiltless
Typical libscum bs..Very glad to see you real journalists at the White House.🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

36

cameron 1422
Mark would have way…. more views but obviously youtube is messing with conservative channel’s 😠 bs

40

Ashton Burrell
Most YouTubers are better journalist than the MSM. You can’t change my mind

35

Godgunscatsweed
Damn I hate these libs Stelter looks like a prom night back alley failed abortion attempt

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑