Coronavirus Deaths Outside China Spike As WHO Team Visits Wuhan: Live Updates

See the source image

Profile picture for user Tyler Durden

Summary:

  • Italy confirms second death, 12 towns on lockdown, more than 50 cases confirmed

  • Japan cases triple in a week to 121

  • Chinese scientists find virus in urine

  • Experts propose 27 day quarantine, say 14 days likely not long enough

  • Cases outside China go exponential

  • WHO team visits Wuhan; will give Monday press conference

  • Iran reports 10 new cases, deaths climb to 5

  • San Diego says 200 under ‘medical observation’

  • Young woman infected five relatives without ever showing symptoms

  • South Korea cases surge 8-fold in 4 days to 433; country reports third death

* * *

Update (1100ET): Italian health officials have confirmed nearly two dozen more cases across Lombardy and Veneto, according to Bloomberg.

The Lombardy region has 39 coronavirus cases with another 12 cases in the Veneto, regional officials said in a press conference Saturday in Milan. Most of the cases are in the Codogno area, 60 kilometers (37 miles) from Milan. A woman who was found dead in her home subsequently tested positive, the health secretary said. Earlier, three tourists in Rome were diagnosed with the virus.

* * *

When WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros was asked on Thursday whether the COVID-19 virus was at a tipping point, he replied that the window to stop the outbreak from growing exponentially worse was rapidly closing.

Though by Friday night, it certainly seemed like that window had slammed shut. In South Korea, cases went exponential, soaring by 70% in one day.

Overnight, the country reported another rash of confirmed cases, bringing the total to 433, with 352 in Daegu, presumably members of the cult-like church where a ‘super-spreader’ worshipped. That marks an eight-fold increase in cases in just four days for South Korea, as the AP reported.

SK also reported its third death, a man in his 40s who was found dead in his apartment and posthumously tested.

South Korean health officials warned they could soon see a rash of deaths as several patients are in serious condition. Virus patients with signs of pneumonia or other serious conditions at the Cheongdo hospital were transferred elsewhere as 17 of them are in critical condition, according to SK Vice Health Minister Kim Gang-lip told reporters.

The country has followed China in imposing quarantines (everyone is too terrified to go outside anyway) and they’re hoping to prevent a national outbreak, despite a few cases in Seoul that weren’t immediately traceable to an obvious source, which is sort of discouraging.

“Although we are beginning to see some more cases nationwide, infections are still sporadic outside of the special management zone of Daegu and North Gyeongsang Province,” Kim said during a briefing. He called for maintaining strong border controls to prevent infections from China and elsewhere from entering South Korea.

In Italy, a seemingly minor outbreak went exponential. By day’s end, Italian health authorities had confirmed their first virus-related fatality, and 12 towns in Lombardy were under strict quarantine orders with residents huddling terrified inside their homes, a tableau that has become all too familiar by now. Another fatality followed overnight, as a couple more towns joined in the lockdown. This marked Italy as the first European country to see its own nationals succumb to the virus, according to Euronews.

Across Italy, there are 32 cases in Codogno, Lombardy, and seven in Veneto, according to the AFP and Sky Italia television. Many of the new cases represented the first infections in Italy acquired through secondary contagion.

In Iran, 10 more cases, and one more death, were recorded overnight. That brings the total number of confirmed cases to 28, including cases in Qom and Tehran. So far, five Iranians have died.

CAP

As we await more information out of China, CNBC’s Eunice Yoon reports that the team would hold a press briefing on Monday at 6 am ET.

CAP

Meanwhile, as we noted yesterday, the team has arrived in Wuhan, where it’s gathering information and observing the situation on the ground.

The team has already been to three Chinese provinces, Beijing, Sichuan and Guangdong, but are only now just visiting the city at the heart of the outbreak. Dr. Tedros confirmed the trip during public comments on Saturday, where he once again shared some familiar words.

“We have to take advantage of the window of opportunity we have, to attack the virus outbreak with a sense of urgency,” Dr. Tedros told the leaders, who had gathered for an emergency meeting on the response to the coronavirus in the continent.

President Xi said Saturday that the situation in Wuhan remains ‘grim and complex’ – which means the WHO team should be in for an eye-opening experience.

As of Saturday morning in the US, 1,200 cases of COVID-19 have been diagnosed outside China. More than 200 cases have been confirmed in South Korea, more than 30 in Italy, roughly a dozen in Iran, and one in Egypt, the first to be confirmed in Africa. China has reported over 76,000 cases, including over 2,300 deaths.

Confirmed cases in Japan rose to 121 on Saturday, having more than tripled in a week.

Meanwhile, the Washington Post reports that health officials and the cruise line are continuing to test crew members aboard the Diamond Princess. So far, 74 crew have been confirmed to have the virus, but they have been included in the toll already.

SCMP

So far, China has reported only 397 new cases Saturday, as the rate of increase continued to decline, but another 109 have died. And even the Washington Post acknowledges that there is a “great deal of skepticism” about China’s numbers, according to a new case study seen by Reuters.

Cases where patients didn’t show signs of infection for longer than two weeks have prompted some epidemiologists to suggest a 27 day quarantine period instead of just a 14 day. Also on Saturday scientists in China revealed that they had discovered a strain of the virus in a patient’s urine, raising new and uncomfortable questions about the virus’s ability to spread through sewer systems.

There have also been several new indications that the virus’s incubation period might be longer than the 14 days currently believed. A woman in Wuhan with no symptoms infected five relatives without every showing signs of infection.

In the US, health officials are scrambling to contain the fallout from the evacuation of 300 Americans from the ‘Diamond Princess’. It appears that the decision to transport 14 infected passengers along with the rest of the group was a disaster. Dozens of others appear to have been infected either during the trip, or shortly before.

But in San Diego, officials announced that they’re monitoring some 200 cases, none of which had anything to do with the ship.

After confirmed US cases more than doubled to 34 on Friday, officials in San Diego on Saturday confirmed that more than 200 people are currently being monitored over virus concerns, according to ABC News 10.

Officials said everyone being monitored had either come in contact with one of the three confirmed cases, or others under suspicion. Health officials didn’t exactly offer specific details.

They’re among more than 300 people who have been, or are being, ‘monitored’ by the county.

The 204 people under county supervision include those deemed at risk of having been exposed to the virus due to close contact with confirmed cases or because of travel to China in the past 14 days, the county said.

Those individuals are monitoring their health under the supervision of county health officials.

So far, 338 people in all have been monitored by the county, with 134 people completing their time under supervision.

Health officials say the CDC is conducting screening for those landing at one of 11 U.S. airports from China. From there, if a patient shows no symptoms they are self-quarantined at home for self-monitoring with public health supervision.

Keep in mind: These individuals aren’t being held in isolation or a mandatory quarantine. Instead, they’ve been asked to self-quarantine, and immediately report any suspicious symptoms.

San Diego has had two confirmed cases of coronavirus, or COVID-19, among the evacuees who were flown out of Wuhan a few weeks ago. One patient has since recovered from the virus and has been released. The second patient is still receiving care. A third patient, reportedly a child, is still awaiting test results, but has been said to be showing symptoms.

When they extended a coronavirus-related emergency declaration for another 30 days, officials said there were no signs the virus was spreading around San Diego. But it never hurts to be cautious.

Before we go, we wanted to remind readers of a chart we first shared a couple of days ago:

Coronavirus Cases Doubling Overnight In Many Countries

2/22/2020

The WHO is a lying, corrupt, propaganda machine for the CCP, they are the last place to go for info on this virus. I would rather listen to some independent info gatherers on YT (the people that the WHO call miss-information spreaders) as their info has turned out to be more accurate than what the WHO has being peddling on behalf of the CCP and other globalist pressures, over the last month or so.

 

SOUTH KOREA REPORTS 52 MORE CORONAVIRUS CASES

South Korea Reports 52 More Coronavirus Cases

Country now has second-highest number of infections after China

Deutsche Welle – FEBRUARY 21, 2020

South Korea reported 52 new cases of coronavirus, or COVID-19 on Friday, taking up the number of infected to 156.

The country now has the second highest number of infected people after China.

The country also confirmed its first death from coronavirus on Thursday.

The Korean Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said that of the new cases, 39 were from the southern city of Daegu. All of these cases were linked to the Shincheonji Church of Jesus in the city.

The infections have been traced to a 61-year-old woman, who attended the church. The sect has since shut down its services. The mayor of Daegu, Kwon Young-jin has advised residents to stay indoors as much as possible.

Prime Minister Chung Sye-kyun said that Daegu and the neighboring area of Cheongdo County would be declared as “special care zones.”

The government is trying to identify those who might have come in contact with infected people, and diagnose the disease at the earliest opportunity.

“We will proactively provide necessary assistance including sickbeds, personnel, and equipment,” the PM said in a meeting with senior officials.

Also on Friday, officials in the capital Seoul banned public rallies in a bid to control the spread of the disease.

The coronavirus outbreak that originated in China has infected more than 76,000 globally. It was named COVID-19 by the World Health Organization due the coronavirus that causes it, and the year 2019 when it originated.

Room to room

By Dr. John Campbell – 2/21/2020

My son is in South Korea with the US Army at a base in Daegu. He said the generals are taking this very seriously. Thank you for the updates. It’s lack of information that causes fear for some of us.

 

Report: Coronavirus-Infected Americans Were Flown Home Despite CDC Objections

Infected Americans flown Home, coronavirus

By Joshua Caplan – 2/21/2020

Over a dozen coronavirus-stricken Americans who were flown back to the United States with others who tested negative for the deadly illness were transported against the advice of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), according to a Thursday report.

Earlier this week, 14 Americans with the virus flew stateside along with around 300 others after they were evacuated from the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Yokohama, Japan.

Upon confirmation of the cases, the State Department and Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) officials opted to greenlight the fight despite CDC objecting to the move amid concerns of the disease spreading on the aircraft, the Washington Post reported.

In a statement, both agencies explain the rationale behind returning the infected Americans home, but left out the CDC’s advice against the move. The federal public health agency requested that it be removed from the explanation.

The statement read:

These individuals were moved in the most expeditious and safe manner to a specialized containment area on the evacuation aircraft to isolate them in accordance with standard protocols. Every precaution to ensure proper isolation and community protection measures are being taken, driven by the most up-to-date risk assessments by U.S. health authorities.

The 14 infected evacuees were transported to Travis Air Force Base in California and Lackland Air Force Base in Texas. Thirteen of them were then transferred to the University of Nebraska Medical Center for treatment.

“Those who have tested positive for this novel coronavirus, are only showing mild symptoms of the disease,” Nebraska Medicine said in a statement.

New York Library Plans LGBT Re-Education Program After Community Rejects ‘Drag Queen Story Hour’

There is no escaping this Satanic agenda.

By Shane Trejo – 2/21/2020

Activists in Rye, New York have successfully averted a showing of “drag queen story hour” in their community library, but the library is pushing back with an LGBT re-education program meant to indoctrinate young minds into the perverted lifestyle.

The activists, including citizen journalists Robin Janovich and Tom McDermott of The Rye Record, questioned a showing of drag queen story hour scheduled for the library on Feb. 8.

“Are families likely to bring their young children to a program that uses drag queens to focus on inclusivity? Why are we foisting conversations on inclusivity on children that young? Are we replacing bedtime stories, which take children out of themselves and out into other, far more interesting worlds, with discussions of sexual differences when they are innocent sponges?” the reporters asked.

The proposed story hour event was geared toward children aged 3-8 years old and was billed as a teaching experience to “celebrate difference, learn empathy, and create crafts” and “celebrate diversity while building confidence in self-expression.”

Citizens in Rye started asking questions and began to cause a stir among the community as people began to question why these perverts were being allowed intimate access to children.

“What happened to bringing joy and delight to our children and grandchildren, rather than assaulting them with political correctness?” one concerned citizen asked.

“If the #MeToo Movement has taught us one thing, isn’t it that men dressing up as women for entertainment isn’t progress?” asked another individual.

The activism resulted in the event being postponed, but Rye Free Reeding Room Director Chris Shoemaker announced that they would instead bring in “educators” to push LGBT propaganda instead of drag queens.

“But nearly all of those emails were anonymous, so I couldn’t respond to them individually,” Shoemaker said. “They were form letters asking that the library be neutral in its viewpoints and not create an unwelcome environment.”

“After looking at all the feedback and considering whether we should be using an adult performer to spread this message,” Shoemaker continued, “I decided the library should pause and refocus on engaging different educators.”

Meanwhile, pro-degeneracy advocates such as Rye resident Joie Cooney and the City of Rye’s Human Rights Commission are pushing to get story hour reinstated. They want children to be groomed by this vile group of predators out to corrupt the souls of the children.

In other states, drag queens have been completely unvetted before being allowed to read creepy stories about gender and sexuality to children. This has resulted in pedophiles being allowed to administer story hour events to kids. The organizers have done absolutely nothing to assure that drag queens receive criminal background checks beforehand, and there could be dozens if not hundreds of more predators using story hour as a means to find unsuspecting prey.

The people of Rye, as well as the rest of the country, will require nothing short of eternal vigilance to protect the innocence of children from LGBT predators.

REPORT: COMMUNIST CHINA EXECUTING PETS TO STOP CORONAVIRUS

Report: Communist China Executing Pets To Stop Coronavirus

Officials force residents to hand over family pets during door-to-door visits

  – FEBRUARY 20, 2020

“Community officers” in China are reportedly going door-to-door and forcibly removing and executing villagers’ pets in an attempt to mitigate the coronavirus currently ravaging the nation.

An activist group called Nanchong Missing Animal Aid Group claims officers from a county in south-western China’s Sichuan Province were going house-to-house and ordering citizens to hand over their furry companions, most often dogs.

The township of Longcan in Peng’an County, Nanchong is where the inhumane executions are allegedly taking place.

Video posted to a Chinese website similar to Twitter allegedly shows officers from the villages of Qianqiubang putting deceased dogs into the back of a truck.

Another video posted by an animal activist shows an officer touching a lifeless dog lying on the ground as bystanders watch.

Warning: Viewers may find the following content disturbing.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/coronavirus/video-2114744/Video-Chinese-officials-continue-kill-dogs-coronavirus-fears.html

An activist who posted one of the videos claims the Communist Party Secretary of Longcan Town ordered the mass executions.

“Stop slaughtering pets in the midst of the epidemic. Enforce law in a civilized way,” the activist wrote in the social media post.

A spokesperson for PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) told DailyMail the outbreak is not “an excuse to abuse animals.”

“Violent acts like this one don’t address the public health problems. They only cause more conflicts in society,” the PETA spokesperson added.

Additionally, the WHO (World Health Organization) has already dismissed claims that pets are transmitting the virus.

Just last week footage allegedly coming out of China showed a community officer beating a dog to death with a massive wooden staff.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/coronavirus/video-2108104/Video-Chinese-worker-beats-dog-death-stop-spreading-coronavirus.html

Pet culling campaigns have also been reported in the cities of Chengdu and Wenzhou.

As the virus continues spreading throughout the world, hitting China the worst, the nation’s communist government is becoming increasingly violent and authoritarian.

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑