Obama Admin Cleared Hunter for Ukraine Gig Despite Warnings State Dep’t Fear Veep’s Son ’conduit for currying influence’

CAP

By Edwin Mora

The Obama administration dismissed warnings raised by top State Department official George Kent in 2015 that the Ukrainian company that was employing then-Vice President Joe Biden’s son Hunter at the time was corrupt, the Washington Post confirmed Thursday.

The Post’s report suggested the Obama administration allowed Hunter Biden to continue serving on Burisma Holdings’ board of directors although it knew the company was corrupt.

Echoing a report from NBC News issued earlier this week, the Post noted:

A career State Department official overseeing Ukraine policy told congressional investigators this week that he had raised concerns in early 2015 about then-Vice President Joe Biden’s son serving on the board of a Ukrainian energy company but was turned away by a Biden staffer, according to three people familiar with the testimony.

George Kent, a deputy assistant secretary of state, testified Tuesday that he worried that Hunter Biden’s position at the firm Burisma Holdings would complicate efforts by U.S. diplomats to convey to Ukrainian officials the importance of avoiding conflicts of interest, said the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of confidentiality rules surrounding the deposition.

Kent said he had concerns that Ukrainian officials would view Hunter Biden as a conduit for currying influence with his father, said the people. But when Kent raised the issue with Biden’s office, he was told the then-vice president didn’t have the “bandwidth” to deal with the issue involving his son as his other son, Beau, was battling cancer, said the people familiar with his testimony.

The Washington Post has previously reported that there had been discussions among Biden’s advisers about whether his son’s Ukraine work would be perceived as a conflict of interest, and that one former adviser had been concerned enough to mention it to Biden, though the conversation was brief.

Kent’s comments came during his closed-door deposition in the House Democrats’ impeachment probe on Tuesday.

When Kent raised his concerns about Burisma, the Obama administration had already cleared Hunter to serve on the company’s board of directors. Hunter joined Burisma’s board of directors in 2014. The former vice president was leading U.S. efforts to crack down on corruption at the time.

The State official explicitly warned the Obama administration that Burisma was “corrupt,” NBC News revealed near the end of its article on Kent’s testimony, noting:

During his nearly 10 hours of testimony, Kent also told members of Congress and their staff that Burisma, the energy company where Hunter Biden was a board member, was corrupt, according to a separate person who was present in the room. Kent said he told the Obama administration in 2016 that they should not hold an event with Burisma because of the company’s extensive corruption in Ukraine.

In the July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky that triggered the impeachment probe, Trump urged his counterpart to investigate corruption allegations against Biden and his son Hunter.

As vice president, Biden threatened to withhold aid to Ukraine to force the Eastern European country to fire its top prosecutor in 2016, who had investigated the owner of Burisma, Mykola Zlochevsky, for possible corruption.

Hunter had been serving on the board of Burisma for up to $83,000 per month at the time despite having no background in energy, prompting allegations of corruption. He admitted to ABC News last weekend that his father’s political position helped him secure the lucrative appointment to Burisma’s board of directors.

A “whistleblower” allegation that during the July 25 call Trump attempted to pressure Ukraine into investigating the Bidens by withholding aid triggered the impeachment probe. Trump and Ukraine have denied the allegations.

The Democrats’ impeachment probe is primarily seeking to determine whether Trump withheld aid to Ukraine in a bid to get dirt on White House hopeful Biden. Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA), the leader of the probe, has said, however, that there does not need to be a quid pro quo to impeach Trump.

 

Pelosi Explains What Was Going On In That Photo Of Her Standing Up To Trump

CAP

|
October 17, 2019 12:15 pm

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) on Thursday described her meeting with President Trump as a “meltdown” and said she was likely “excusing” herself from the room or telling Trump that “all roads lead to Putin” when an iconic photo of the gathering was snapped.

During the White House meeting Wednesday on the rapidly deteriorating situation in Syria, Pelosi said she told Trump that he needed to have a plan on how to fight ISIS after abandoning the Kurdish forces on the border.

Trump apparently told the room he pulled the U.S. troops out of Syria to fulfill his campaign promise to bring the troops home. Pelosi claims she retorted by questioning why U.S. troops remained in Saudi Arabia and Trump admitted it was because the country was paying the U.S. for them.

According to Pelosi, Trump was quickly hot under the collar over her questioning.

“I think I was excusing myself from the room,” she said of the photo. I conveyed to the President in the meeting about the 354-60 vote in the House disapproving of his Syria actions, A. B, my concerns about all roads leading to Putin. … At that moment I was probably was saying ‘all roads lead to Putin.’”

Pelosi has reveled in the release of a photo that shows her literally standing up to Trump. The President posted the image on Twitter Wednesday evening, and Pelosi promptly made it her Twitter banner image.

CAP

Democratic leadership left the meeting at the White House visibly irate with President Trump’s “nasty” demeanor and disrespectful tone. Pelosi said after the meeting that she thinks Trump was too bothered by House Republicans opposition to his Syria-pullout to be productive in the meeting.

CNN SUPERVISOR WISHES FOR TRUMP’S DEATH: “HOPEFULLY SOON”

CNN Supervisor Wishes For Trump's Death: "Hopefully Soon"

Revealing comments caught on tape.

  – OCTOBER 17, 2019

A CNN supervisor was caught on tape wishing for President Donald Trump’s death, commenting that it will happen “hopefully soon.”

The footage was released by Project Veritas as part of their ongoing exposé of the network thanked to leaked recordings from an insider.

In the clip, CNN Field Production Supervisor Gerald Cisnette is discussing CNN’s obsession with covering Trump all the time, remarking, “This is a story that’s not gonna go away.”

“The only way this will go away is when he dies. Hopefully soon,” says Cisnette while laughing.

“Remember when the entire media freaked out of a meme? Here is a CNN wishing for the death of President Trump,” commented Mike Cernovich.

O’Keefe later cited evidence that Twitter was attempting to hide the video by labeling it “sensitive material.”

CAP

Earlier today, O’Keefe also released footage of several CNN staffers complaining that the network used to cover real news and is now nothing more than a partisan mouthpiece.

WATCH: GOP Rep. Andy Biggs DENIED ACCESS to Schiff’s “Secret Chamber” Where He is Running Unauthorized Impeachment Inquiry

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 3.25.51 PM

 

Congressman Andy Biggs (R-AZ) said Wednesday he was denied access to House Intel Chairman Adam Schiff’s “secret chamber” where he is running his unauthorized sham impeachment inquiry.

“I was just denied access to Adam Schiff’s secret chamber where he is running the unauthorized impeachment inquiry of President Trump,” Biggs said shortly before he called for Adam Schiff to be condemned and censured. Over 160 members of Congress have co-sponsored Biggs’ motion to censure Schiff.

“Chairman Schiff and Speaker Pelosi are intentionally running Soviet-style hearings to deprive the American people of representation,” he added.

Rep. Biggs told a gaggle of reporters that Pelosi and Schiff are running ‘Soviet style’ impeachment hearings to block Minority members of the House of Representatives from sitting in and listening to testimonies.

To further add to the secrecy surrounding the testimonies, Biggs said the Democrats won’t even release to the GOP representatives the transcripts from the hearings.

If the full House were to vote on the impeachment inquiry, it would give every member of the House access to the hearings — this is one of the reasons why Pelosi refuses to bring the vote to the House floor.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) confirmed to her Democrat Caucus on Tuesday that there will be no formal floor vote to officially launch an impeachment probe against President Trump.

Fox News host Sean Hannity said it’s because Pelosi simply doesn’t have the votes to support her impeachment probe.

FBI Employees Conducted 3.1 Million Questionable and Illicit Searches, Including Searches on US Citizens in 2017-2018

 

According to a new declassified ruling FBI employees abused NSA mass surveillance data in 2017 and 2018. In 2017 FBI employees conducted over 3.1 million searches from the NSA database including searching activities of US citizens.

Under current FBI rules surveillance data can only be searched if there is reasonable suspicion of crimes having taken place or clear risks to national security. But FBI employees and even contractors were searching the database to see what information they could find on U.S. citizens.

The bureau is OUT OF CONTROL!

CPO Magazine reported:

According to a new declassified ruling from the U.S. Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC), FBI personnel systematically abused National Security Agency (NSA) mass surveillance data in both 2017 and 2018. The 138-page ruling, which dates back to October 2018, was only unsealed 12 months later in October 2019. It offers a rare look at how the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has been abusing the constitutional privacy rights of U.S. citizens with alarming regularity. The court ruling is also a stinging rebuke to the FBI’s overreach of its ability to search surveillance intelligence databases.

Key elements of the FISA court ruling

The U.S. Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, itself a super-secret court that traditionally approves each and every request of law enforcement agencies such as the FBI, found that employees of the FBI searched data collected under Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) in an inappropriate and potentially unconstitutional manner. These abuses, says the FISA court, included accessing NSA surveillance data to look into the online communications of U.S. citizens, including fellow FBI employees and their family members. All told, there may have been tens of thousands of these improper queries, all of them carried out without any reasonable suspicion of a crime or illegal activity posing a risk to national security. Moreover, many of the FBI’s backdoor searches did not differentiate between U.S. citizens and foreign intelligence targets.

In 2017 alone, the FBI conducted over 3.1 million searches of surveillance data, compared to just 7,500 combined searches by the CIA and NSA. This is particularly troubling because, under current FBI operating procedures, this surveillance data can only be searched if there is reasonable suspicion of crimes having taken place or clear risks to national security. And, yet, FBI employees and FBI contractors were at times searching the database to see what information they could find on U.S. citizens not at all connected to foreign intelligence matters.

The FBI and deep state operatives were also spying on the Trump family, the Trump administration and conservatives during this same time period.

REVEALED: Kurdish ‘PKK’ Terrorists Were Rebranded by Obama Officials to Dupe the U.S. Public

A tremendous deception has been perpetrated on the American public.

By Shane Trejo

The fake news, Democratic Party, and neoconservatives within the GOP have gone into hysterics over President Donald Trump’s recent decision to remove troops from Northern Syria, in what they are calling a betrayal of Kurdish allies.

Big League Politics has reported on the Kurds setting ISIS terrorists free at several key junctures throughout 2017 when the war against the caliphate was not yet decided. We also reported that the Kurds have been releasing ISIS terrorists in recent days as a ploy to lure U.S. troops back into the region.

The reason why a Kurdish terrorist group in Syria has gained widespread mainstream esteem is because of a public relations campaign that originated during the Obama administration.

US Special Operations Command commander General Raymond Thomas explained durig a 2017 interview how he worked as an Obama administration official to help re-brand the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), an infamous terrorist organization, as the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) to help them gain sympathy with the unsuspecting American public:

The PKK is a group that formed as a Marxist-Leninist resistance faction that has sought to unite the Kurds, and targeted Turkey with acts of terrorist violence for over three decades. They are listed formally as a terrorist organization by the United States, European Union, United Kingdom, Turkey, and Japan.

“The Kurds will defend themselves to the end, so long as this is the Turkish approach – of course the PKK will escalate the war. Not only in Kurdistan, but in the rest of Turkey as well,” PKK leader Cemil Bayik said in a BBC interview in 2016.

Over 40,000 people have died in the ongoing conflict between the PKK and the Turks. Turkish dictator Recep Erdogan has taken a hard-line approach in stopping the terrorist violence of PKK.

“It is not possible for us to continue the peace process with those who threaten our national unity and brotherhood,” Erdogan has said about the PKK.

Now, Turkey is conducting military exercises against the re-branded PKK in Northern Syria, and they believe their adversaries deserve no sympathy.

“It is clearly obvious that our operation targets not the Syrian people, or the Kurds there, but terrorists,” Erdogan said about their recent military operations against the Kurds.

“Turkey’s military power is sufficient to crash the terrorist organization in a couple of days in all of the operation zone, if we did not act sensitively [on civilian casualties],” he added. “But we work as precise as a jeweler and show utmost efforts not to allow even one civilian’s nosebleed.”

With the facts being made clear regarding the Turkish-PKK conflict, President Trump’s decision to remove U.S. troops from harm’s way makes more sense.

Pelosi Informs Democrat Caucus There Will NOT be Formal Floor Vote to Launch Impeachment Probe – It’s a Scam!

CAP

 

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) confirmed to her Democrat Caucus on Tuesday that there will be no formal floor vote to officially launch an impeachment probe against President Trump.

Fox News Congress reporter Chad Pergram and Congress writer for The Hill Scott Wong both confirmed Pelosi has no plans to hold a full House vote.

Rather, Pelosi and her fellow Democrat coup plotters are moving full steam ahead with secret impeachment proceedings ‘to keep President Trump and his lawyers in the dark,’ as Adam Schiff previously stated.

CAP

House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) admitted on Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation” that the reason for holding secret testimonies behind closed doors is to keep President Trump and his lawyers in the dark.

And so Schiff can selectively leak to the media…

The crooked Democrats on Tuesday changed the rules again in their sham impeachment inquiry.

The Dems shifted the closed-door interviews to depositions in order to limit the questioning to one attorney per round.

Another reason why Pelosi won’t hold a full House vote on the floor is because she will expose vulnerable red-state Democrats who are up for a tough reelection in 2020 — Pelosi knows the majority of Americans do no support impeachment.

Furthermore, the Dems are able to block the Minority members from issuing subpoenas and questioning witnesses.

 

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑