WRONG NARRATIVE? AFP & REUTERS SCRUB STORY ABOUT 100,000 DETAINED MIGRANT CHILDREN AFTER UN SAYS IT HAPPENED ON OBAMA’S WATCH

Wrong narrative? AFP & Reuters scrub story about 100,000 detained migrant children after UN says it happened on Obama’s watch

Instead of issuing corrections, however, Nowak’s clarification prompted several outlets to withdraw their stories altogether, including Reuters and AFP, who both said no replacement story would be forthcoming

11/20/2019

Several news agencies have opted to delete a story stating that 100,000 migrant children were detained in US border facilities after the United Nations clarified that the number is years old, predating the age of Trump.

After media outlets published stories trumpeting the 100,000 figure earlier this week, based on the word of UN refugee specialist Manfred Nowak, the expert was forced to correct his initial statement on Tuesday. As it turns out, the figure Nowak cited to reporters dates back to 2015, meaning the dramatic number of detentions he revealed occurred under the watch of President Barack Obama, rather than Donald Trump, who is often assailed by progressive critics over his border policies.

Instead of issuing corrections, however, Nowak’s clarification prompted several outlets to withdraw their stories altogether, including Reuters and AFP, who both said no replacement story would be forthcoming.

CAP

At the time of publishing, AFP’s version of the story containing the outdated figure was still live on its website.

CAP

Once responsibility for the vast number of detentions was passed from Trump to Obama, however, Nowak decided to clarify further that the 100,000 figure referred to the cumulative number of migrant children detained at any point in 2015, rather than all at one time, another caveat he apparently forgot to explain to reporters previously.

Despite frequent and vocal criticisms of President Trump’s border policies, his predecessor’s approach to immigration was not entirely different, even earning Obama the moniker of “Deporter in Chief.” During his first term, President Obama deported some 400,000 migrants each year, setting a record for himself in 2012 at over 409,000. President Trump, meanwhile, has deported fewer than 300,000 each year since taking office in 2017.

A widely-circulated photo showing migrant children locked in a cage is also often attributed to President Trump’s policies, but just like the figure presented by Nowak, it also dates back to the Obama years.

CAP

A handful of netizens took notice of the abrupt reversal by the news agencies, some critical of the move to outright scrub the offending articles, rather than simply correcting them to reflect the facts.

“The appropriate action would be to correct the story and issue a retraction, not delete it,” one user suggested. “The fact that this self proclaimed ‘news agency’ is going to bury news because it didn’t fit the narrative they’ve been tasked with dispensing encapsulates everything wrong with the press.”

CAP

CAP

Minneapolis a Hotbed of Somali Gang Warfare

See the source image

Latest gang killing highlights crisis in Minnesota capital

By Dan Lyman – 10/29/2019

A deadly shooting between rival gang members in Minneapolis highlights the growing crisis of East African clan warfare in Minnesota’s capital region.

An operative of the 1627 Boys gang was charged with second degree murder after allegedly shooting a high-ranking member of the Somali Outlaws during a drug deal in Minneapolis.

Mustafa Ali, 25, was shot three times in the chest by 18-year-old Mahad Ali (no known relation), police say. Mahad Ali was also shot during the altercation and suffered non-life threatening injuries.

Mahad Ali’s mother told detectives the two men had a long-running “beef” leading up to the shooting.

See the source image

“The slaying was the latest in a bitter feud between Cedar-Riverside neighborhood gangs and their rivals, who claim the area around Karmel Mall,” the Star Tribune reports. “But police and community leaders say that some of the bloodshed has shifted to the city’s North Side in recent months.”

According to charges filed against Mahad Ali, “both gangs are known for retaliatory and escalating violence that often manifests itself in drive-by shootings, attempted murder and murder. They are known by law enforcement to attack each other over using the same drug dealers.”

In September, the father of another high-ranking Somali gang member was killed during an ambush that was reportedly “staged to look like a home invasion,” according to police.

During a single night in March, five men of Somali descent were shot in different incidents across Minneapolis.

Somali gang violence has plagued Minneapolis for well over a decade.

A 2009 CBS report titled “Rise of Somali Gangs Plagues Minneapolis” noted that seven Somali men had been killed in the span of 10 months, all by fellow Somalis.

“It was all gang activity, totally, 100 percent,” Shukri Adan, a former Somali community organizer told CBS at the time. “The police don’t want to say that but everybody else knows that.”

See the source image

Victims of Somali violence are not confined to the local East African community.

In May, a group of Somali teens armed with hammers and bars reportedly attacked commuters at a rail station in Minneapolis.

In 2016, Dahir Adan, a 20-year-old Somali Muslim, stabbed 10 victims at the St. Cloud Crossroads Center mall.

Also in 2016, a mob of up to 30 Somali men traveled to the upscale Lake Calhoun neighborhood and prowled the streets while yelling threats of violence and rape at residents, according to reports.

“They were screaming at the house that they were going to kidnap you and they were going to rape you,” one resident told local media. “It was a very traumatizing experience.”

The International Institute of Minnesota estimates that as many as 150,000 Somalis reside in Minnesota, and that 80 percent are concentrated in the Minneapolis area.

Finland college attack that killed 1 and injured 10: What we know so far

CAP

The Finnish city of Kuopio was gripped by violence on Tuesday after an attacker went on a stabbing spree targeting students temporarily based at a local shopping mall. Here is what is known about the incident so far.

Location: temporary college premises

The violence erupted in the Herman shopping mall in the southern part of the city. Some of its space was temporary rented by the Savo Vocational College while its campus is under renovation. The mall gave rooms to around 600 students and 50 employees of the college.

1 killed, 10 injured

Kuopio police found one dead body when searching the mall after responding to the emergency. Eight apparent victims of the attacker were also found and sent to local hospitals.

The suspected perpetrator was injured after police used firearms to apprehend the assailant. An officer recieved a minor injury as well. Two people were reported to be in critical condition.

CAP

Suspect was student, Finnish national with no criminal record

The police identified the suspect as a student of the college, born in 1994, with no criminal record. He is a Finnish citizen. The police are yet to determine what motivated him to attack fellow students.

Sword attack and fire

The man used a long-bladed weapon to cut his victims, police said, confirming accounts of witnesses, who said a sword was involved. He also had a firearm on him, the police said, but it’s not clear whether he used it or not. He may also be responsible for a small fire at the second floor of the mall, which was quickly extinguished.

Student launched deadly attack at Finnish vocational college using a sword – eyewitnesses

CAP

‘Shocking, completely unacceptable’

Finnish Prime Minister Antti Rinne responded to the violence in Kuopio on Twitter, saying it was “shocking and completely unacceptable,” while extending condolences to the victims.

CAP

UNREAL: Eighth Illegal Alien Charged with Rape in Same Maryland Sanctuary County

These string of sexual assaults in Montgomery County, MD have come shortly after it was made a sanctuary county.

By Shane Trejo

The illegal immigrant crime wave continues in the sanctuary jurisdiction of Montgomery County, MD, as an eighth illegal alien residing there has been charged with rape in just little over a month’s time.

According to journalist Kevin Lewis of ABC 7 News, 26-year-old Oluwakayode Adebusuyi has been charged with rape, and police believe he raped an intoxicated woman in his car. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has reported that he is an illegal immigrant from Nigeria.

Adebusuyi had previously worked as a driver for a ride sharing service. He was previously charged last summer with second-degree assault, a fourth-degree sex offense, and false imprisonment, but all of those charges were mysteriously dropped.

He is being held in jail on a $250,000 bond. If Adebusuyi posts bond, county officials will give a courtesy call to ICE officials but do nothing else to enforce immigration law. He will be subject to the same release policies and afforded the same rights that any American citizen would receive, likely able to walk the streets.

CAP

There have been at least seven other instances of rape or sexual assault committed by illegal immigrants in Montgomery County since July 25. The most recent instance besides Adebusuyi is 37-year-old Emilio Carrasco-Hernandez, who remains behind bars after being charged with raping the 15-year-old daughter of his lover inside their Silver Spring, MD home.

CAP

CAP

Other grizzly cases have been reported throughout the summer as well, as Montgomery County has quickly become a renowned hot spot for illegal immigrants looking to commit vicious sex crimes.

CAP

CAP

CAP

An executive order was issued in July to officially grant sanctuary status to the county. County Executive Mark Elrich signed the executive order that banned all county support toward enforcing federal immigration law.

“We don’t interact with ICE. We don’t contact ICE nor do we ask any of our residents in Montgomery county about their immigration status in the United States,” Acting Montgomery County Police Chief Marcus Jones said.

The county is located right outside of the Washington D.C. swamp, and county officials feel that taking a stance against the law-and-order immigration policies of President Donald Trump is of paramount importance.

“I feel pretty sure that most Montgomery county residents don’t agree with the president’s immigration policy such as it is,” Elrich said.

The chickens have come to roost in Montgomery County, where extreme leftist public officials have ignored the rule of law with great cost to public safety.

 

At Least 34 Shot, Six Fatally, in Democrat-Controlled Chicago

Lori Lightfoot addresses guests after being sworn in as Mayor of Chicago during a ceremony at the Wintrust Arena on May 20, 2019 in Chicago, Illinois. Lightfoot become the first black female and openly gay Mayor in the city’s history. (Photo by Scott Olson/Getty Images)

By AWR HAWKINS

At least 34 people were shot, six fatally, over the weekend in Democrat-controlled Chicago.

By Sunday, August 8, 2019, at 4 pm, NBC 5 had already reported at least 29 shot, two fatally. The Chicago Sun-Times released a report Monday morning, August 9, 2019, showing the final tally at least 34 shot, six fatally.

The Times reports a man “between 40 and 50 years old” was found dead around 7 pm Sunday after having been shot in the neck.

Another Sunday death was that of a 17-year-old girl who was shot while walking down the 900 block of West 52nd Street around 9:30 pm Sunday. A man emerged from an alley, the two argued, then he shot the teenager, “three times in the head and multiple times in the upper body.”

A 49-year-old man was shot to death hours later in the city’s Austin neighborhood. The man suffered “multiple gunshot wounds to the head and one to the back.”

A 32-year-old was shot while driving just a few hours into Monday morning. As with other shootings, he was struck in the head. He then “crashed into a parked car.”

Breitbart News reported at least 41 people were shot, seven fatally, over Labor Day Weekend 2019 in Chicago.

At least 29 were shot, six fatally, over the weekend of August 23-25, 2019, in Democrat-controlled Chicago.

Breitbart News reported at least 28 were shot, five fatally, in Chicago over the weekend of August 16-18, Forty-seven people were shot, four fatality, over the weekend of August 9-11, and 53 people were shot, seven killed, in Democrat-controlled Chicago during the first weekend of August.

StemExpress CEO Describes Ghastly Fetal Trafficking Practices Enabled by Abortion Industry in Court

The CEO admitted to selling intact heads and beating hearts from fetuses in the court of law.

By Shane Trejo

The founder and CEO of biotech firm StemExpress gave shocking testimony last week when she admitted that her company provides intact heads and beating hearts harvested from fetuses to medical researchers.

The CEO admitted in court that a baby’s head could either be acquired attached to the baby’s body or “could be torn away” depending on the situation.

“That is an especially gruesome admission, but it begs the question: how did they get these fully intact human children?” asks lawyer Peter Breen, who is representing activists from the Center for Medical Progress.

Breen stated in court that Stanford University studies have used Langendorff perfusion, a technique requiring a beating heart. He asked the StemExpress CEO if her company had supplied Stanford with this tissue.

“Does StemExpress supply fetal hearts to Stanford?” Breen asked.

“Yes, we have provided heart tissue to Stanford,” she responded after being instructed by Judge Christopher Hite to give a straight answer.

Activists David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt recorded individuals from the abortion industry boasting about their lucrative fetal trafficking operation, and released the information in a series of videos. For their ground-breaking journalistic work, they are being prosecuted for violating the privacy of the offenders they exposed.

“If you have a fetus with an intact head and an intact body, and intact extremities, that is something that would indicate that child was born alive, and then had their organs cut out of them, or that that child was the victim of an illegal partial-birth abortion,” said Breen to LifeSiteNews.

“Both of these are gruesome and violent acts,” he added.

Daleiden and Merritt are facing 15 felony counts for the illegal recording of confidential information for the videos they released in 2015. The trafficking of baby body parts is a felony, but authorities do not seem concerned with holding the powerful and influential abortion industry accountable.

The legal team for Daleiden and Merritt is arguing that recording conversations in an open venue that can be overheard is not against the law. The lawyers are also arguing that the journalists deserve to be shielded from liability because they were exposing criminal activity with their trailblazing work.

Video was shown in the court of Jane Doe 12, who is believed to be the StemExpress CEO, talking with Daleiden and Merritt, who claimed to be apart of a biotech company to secure the meeting.

Doe 12 mentioned the growing demand for “raw fetal tissue,” and mentioned that “insanely fragile” neural tissue should be shipped “whole calvarium,” meaning the head should be kept intact during the trafficking operation.

“Just make sure the eyes are closed,” Daleiden quipped.

“Yeah,” Doe 12 responded while laughing, “Tell the lab techs its coming…it’s almost like they don’t want to know what it is.”

Breen noted that the StemExpress CEO’s comments made during her court testimony were not nearly as candid as those made by Doe 12 in the hidden camera video.

“One thing we’ve observed throughout these proceedings is that these witnesses were much more candid when they spoke to David and Susan on the undercover video than they are on the stand,” he said to LifeSiteNews.

“However, we have been able to establish certain facts that are important through their testimony, and when they deviate from the video, we’ve been able to use the video to show that they’re not telling the truth on the stand,” Breen added.

“That’s important to show that the attorney general is using witnesses who are willing to stretch the truth, and our side is exposing that truth,” he explained.

The preliminary hearings continue on Tuesday when the StemExpress CEO will re-take the stand and continue being questioned.

EPIDEMIC: Fifth Illegal Alien Alleged Rapist Charged This Month in Maryland Sanctuary County

This is what happens when liberal-dominated jurisdictions refuse to enforce the law.

By Shane Trejo

Montgomery County, MD is dealing with its fifth alleged rape case from an illegal alien this month, as a 46-year-old man is accused of raping a 16-year-old girl at knife point.

CAP

CAP

CAP

CAP

David Horowitz, the anti-illegal immigration activist who works as senior editor of Conservative Review, pointed out the alleged rap sheet of Reyes-Medrano with crimes going all the way back to 2001:

CAP

This is apart of an epidemic within Montgomery County, which flaunts its status as a sanctuary county where law enforcement is banned from working with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to help keep illegal immigrants at bay.

An executive order was issued less than a month ago in Montgomery County to officially give the county sanctuary status. County Executive Mark Elrich signed the executive order in July that banned all county support toward enforcing immigration law.

“We don’t interact with ICE. We don’t contact ICE nor do we ask any of our residents in Montgomery county about their immigration status in the United States,” Acting Montgomery County Police Chief Marcus Jones said.

“I feel pretty sure that most Montgomery county residents don’t agree with the president’s immigration policy such as it is,” Elrich said.

Illegals have apparently gotten the message that police will refuse to enforce federal law, if recent news reports are any indicator.

Rodrigo Castro-Montejo, 25, was charged with raping an intoxicated woman and then allowed to walk from jail shortly after posting a $1,000 bond. The Salvadorean national is now back on the streets awaiting his Sept. 6 court appearance.

CAP

In addition to the case of Castro-Montejo, two other Salvadorean nationals – 29-year-old Mauricio Barrera-Navidad and 28-year-old Carlos Palacios-Amaya – are behind bars after being being charged with raping an 11-year-old girl over the course of several months.

CAP

CAP

“County officials will intentionally impede attempts by ICE to deport these men, and once they are released, they will be free to again threaten the safety of the most vulnerable Montgomery County residents,” the Montgomery County Republican Party wrote in a statement.

If Democratic leaders and their Republican enablers such as the Koch network are successful in granting blanket amnesty for illegals across the country, nobody will be safe from these third-world criminals.

 

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑