A vintage clip of CNN anchor Don Lemon telling black people to act civilized and disregard “street culture” has the woke pundit’s detractors’ jaws on the floor, wondering what happened to him over the intervening seven years.
In the 2013 clip, Lemon praises Fox News host Bill O’Reilly as the Republican pundit decries the “disintegration of the African-American family,” even arguing O’Reilly “doesn’t go far enough” when he denounces “street culture.” The video was posted to social media by “Panda Tribune” on Wednesday and quickly circulated among conservatives, who had a hard time reconciling this Lemon with his painfully-PC modern-day counterpart.
This is a real video from 2013.
It is only edited for time (to fit Twitter’s 2:20 limit), but the context is unchanged.
Ordering black people to “pull up [their] pants,” stop using “the n-word” and littering, “finish school,” and wait until they’re married to reproduce, the CNN personality of seven years ago comes off as borderline unrecognizable to those who know him as the ultra-woke face of the “Orange Man Bad” network.
Fox News host Tucker Carlson aired the segment on his show Wednesday night, marveling that if Lemon or one of his colleagues came out with those lines in 2020, “that would be their last live broadcast ever – they’d be fired immediately.”
Earlier this week, Lemon suggested Mount Rushmore could be “fixed” by chiseling former President Barack Obama next to founding fathers George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, Civil War liberator Abraham Lincoln, and trust-buster Theodore Roosevelt on the iconic mountainside monument.
She was outside where kids were riding on bicycles when three gunmen stepped out of a car and let off more than 20 shots in the 100 block of North Latrobe Avenue, Chicago police said.
Natalia died at the scene of a gunshot to her head, officials said. Police were reviewing video from the scene and have taken a person of interest in for questioning.
Natalia was about to enter the 2nd grade at Crown Community Academy of Fine Arts in Little Village, according to a school official.
“She was a really good kid — an angel,” said the official, who asked not to be named. “She had a lot of family at the school. Everyone in her class would’ve said she was their friend.”
Nathan Wallace, the girl’s father, said at a news conference Sunday he’d hugged her goodbye just 10 minutes before the shooting occurred.
“I just wanted her to have a chance at life,” Wallace said. “Whatever she wanted to do, I was going to be there no matter what. To see my daughter on the table with a gunshot wound to the forehead, that’ll change somebody’s life.”
He said he’d heard about other children being shot in recent weeks, but didn’t think about it until it was his own daughter killed. He called for others in the community to take a more active, personal role in confronting the gun violence crisis.
We need help finding her killers,” he said. “Kids can’t be out here playing without worrying about people shooting. It hurts me that my youngest daughter is no longer here, that I will not be able to talk to her, hold her, tell her bedtime stories, anything.”
In response to her killing, Lightfoot took to Twitter to say Natalia “joined a list of teenagers and children whose hopes and dreams were ended by the barrel of a gun. We cannot grow numb to this. We are making progress in slowing shootings, but we have to do better, every single one of us.”
Also Saturday night, 14-year-old Vernado Jones Jr., died after being among eight people shot, three others fatally, in Englewood on the South Side, officials said.
Four gunmen walked up to a large gathering in the 6100 block of South Carpenter Street and opened fire, police said. Jones, of West Lawn, died at Comer Children’s Hospital, according to the medical examiner’s office.
The shooting also wounded two boys, 11 and 15 years old, police said.
Activists demand ‘law and order’
Community activist Andrew Holmes announced Sunday a $2000 reward for “information leading to the arrest and conviction” in the case of Natalia Wallace.
“Let’s stop pointing fingers and get these shooters off the streets,” Holmes said at a news conference Sunday in Austin, “because with the technology we have in this city, there’s enough cameras and enough citizens around here that’s seen something.”
Also Sunday, several community activists demanded federal funding to help with the “out of control” gun violence, while also accusing the mayor of turning her back on police.
In a news conference in Little Village, Raul Montes Jr. called the weekend gun violence a “carbon copy” of the last few weeks and blamed Lightfoot for allowing protests to devolve into looting while “giving a nod to Antifa,” a far-left anti-fascist group.
Another activist, Jacqueline Baez of Belmont Cragin, said residents are scared to go outside and called for increased police funding.
“Here we are again, another bloody weekend in Chicago. Our innocent children are dying,” Baez said.
Baez dismissed the calls of other activists to defund police departments, a refrain of nationwide protests since the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis.
“Defunding police is the stupidest thing to say,” Baez said. “We need police. We need to feel safe in our communities … I don’t feel safe letting my kids play outside.”
‘When you shoot children, we’ve lost it all’
Another activist, Frank Coconate, while acknowledging the extra officers over the holiday weekend, said it’s not just about having more police.
“It’s about cooperation; we need to build a bridge between community and police,” Coconate said.
“People in Pilsen and Little Village, there’s no bond with police. There’s a fear of talking with them, and that’s a huge problem. Here they’re scared. It’s good to have those [extra cops], but let’s have those cops walk the streets and talk with people … There should be more invested in having Chicago police working with the community.”
Coconate said it’s up to the mayor — and for citizens to lay on the pressure — to stop the violence.
“When you shoot children, we’ve lost it all. And the mayor holds the bag now … This has been going on every weekend, and now what’s really rubbing me — it’s children … That poor little girl playing on a holiday weekend dies. That shouldn’t be happening. We are, as citizens, are to blame. We’re not working hard enough.”
Three weekends of gun violence
The last three weekends in Chicago have been especially deadly for children.
Over Father’s Day weekend, Mekhi James, 3 years old, was fatally shot while riding in an SUV with his father in Austin when someone opened fire on them from another vehicle. Amaria Jones, 13, died after she was struck by a stray bullet in a shooting that also wounded two boys on the West Side. They were among 104 people shot that weekend, 15 of them fatally.
The so-called Sleep Is For The Rich Gun Club demonstrated at the courthouse while holding weapons in an extremely thuggish fashion to intimidate their opposition. Police had a presence around the courthouse to make sure that they did not go on a rampage.
“Why are we still having to come out here to fight over a monument that, for people that fought against our country, bro?” Daniels said. “Y’all don’t understand the hypocrisy in that? And then you want to ask why we’re out here protecting these people? It’s about good versus evil, that’s why.”
Pastor Linus Mayes, who organizes the group Community Congress for Systemic Justice, made excuses for the terrorists who waved guns around at the protest. He demonstrated how so-called “peaceful” BLM protesters run cover for the rioters who commit mayhem in the streets.
“We don’t support violence. We’re against anybody committing violence,” Mayes said. “But we need to make a showing that if the Daughters of the Confederacy have their rights according to the first amendment, then we ought to be able to stand here with our guns as well to show that we will not be intimidated nor threatened.”
Caddo Commissioners have been leading the charge to remove a Confederate statue from Shreveport in order to appease the mob. However, the United Daughters of the Confederacy has filed a legal brief at least temporarily stopping the cowardly government officials from committing cultural genocide. Caddo District Judge Craig Marcotte has not given a time frame on when he plans to make his ruling.
Patriotic protesters may have to fight fire with fire in order to prevent the savages from raping America’s proud history.
Big League Politics reported on a group of patriots who stood their ground and refused to let the mob win in a Kentucky town:
On Friday evening, a group of armed patriots in Brandenburg, Ky. protected a Confederate statue as a Black Lives Matter mob was expected to gather and potentially deface it.
The mob has made a big deal of the 70 foot Confederate statue, which used to be located on the University of Louisville campus until 2016, as they continue their ongoing cultural genocide. The patriots of Brandenburg showed up to say no more to the ISIS-style movement of destruction…
WDRB reported that certain “business owners boarded up windows in anticipation of possible violence, but law enforcement officers from several agencies had kept the peace, at least through 10 p.m.”
These armed patriots made their stand as the left-wing cultural genocide has swept across America, with black dominance being projected through acts of mayhem nationwide.
The constitutional militia may need to make a return with government officials capitulating and hamstringing law enforcement while BLM runs wild.
Why should we, after seeing such online, have sympathy for the kind of people who would do such a thing to a defenseless woman bringing in her groceries. People can shout all they want, but this just makes sane people more determined to be unsympathetic. Wake up people — take a look at yourselves. Those of you who yell the most should take it on themselves to find a way to stop such actions. You don’t want hate, then stop your people from being hateful.
A Chicago fireworks display celebrating Independence Day has been cancelled due to fears of large congregations becoming COVID-19 infection hotspots, even as the city allows thousands to march in Chicago’s North Side to elevate black LGBT voices.
ABC7 reported that roughly 25,000 people were expected to turn out to the Itasca fireworks display in Chicago before it was cancelled due to fear of spreading COVID-19, and its cancellation has left the fireworks industry experiencing financial trouble as small business struggle after months of intermittent lockdowns and restrictions.
A spokesperson for the American Pyrotechnics Association said that “until large gatherings can happen again, the firework industry is not going to survive,” and added that around 80% of all American fireworks are used on Independence Day. One local pyrotechnics vendor said that he had over half a million pounds of explosives in stock, waiting for use.
Meanwhile, although LGBTQ pride parades were officially cancelled by the City of Chicago due to the inability for social distancing guidelines to be observed in a typical march, thousands of members of the the LGBTQ community broke the guidelines and left their homes in support for black trans lives in a two-mile march in Chicago’s North Side on June 28.
Hundreds of grassroots LGBT activists assembled for the event, nominally part of the ongoing Black Lives Matter protests throughout the United States, in the absence of a formal LGBTQ Pride Month event.
According to ABC7, activist Ashabi Owagboriaye said that “The reason the march is so important is to highlight those lives that we lost and highlight the people whose lives may not have been lost, but have been wrecked just because they exist openly.”
Local media described the event, not officially sanctioned by Chicago but instead viewed as an act of protest, as a continuation of the city’s previous LGBTQ Pride Month events.
LGBTQ media depicts the event as a continuation of the “protest” that LGBTQ Pride historically began as, potentially admitting that the protest march was an opportunity to flout the city’s COVID-19 restrictions.
Lt. Brian Taylor of the Provo Police Department stated that the driver, who is in his 60s, was shot and was taken to the Utah Valley Hospital, underwent surgery and has non-life threatening injuries.
“We are looking for a suspect,” Taylor said Tuesday. “There are a number of videos that show a person on the street approaching this vehicle and discharging a couple of bullets into that car.”
“We don’t know what his intentions were. We don’t know what his involvement with the crowd was,” Taylor added. “We just know that he was there.”
Provo Mayor Michelle Kaufusi made a statement defending the protest, but condemning the shooter, saying, “Criminal acts and violence such as we saw last night in Provo were anything but peaceful and are UNACCEPTABLE.”
The BLM and Antifa mob have been targeting motor vehicles more in recent weeks as the inner cities begin to push back against their violence and lawlessness.
Last week, an eerily similar incident occurred in Alamosa, Colorado, where a deranged leftist lawyer fired several rounds into the passenger side of a black SUV also just trying to pass protesters blocking the street.
And the week before that, BLM rioters were shattering motorists’ windows with crowbars and clubs on a highway in San Jose, California during one of their “demonstrations.”
It’s clear that the far-left have turned the cold civil war kinetic against anyone who doesn’t subscribe to their radical politics, and more shootings by these domestic terrorists will likely continue unless state leaders decide to enforce the law against them instead of business owners protesting coronavirus lockdowns.