New Jersey Awarded $3.8 Million in Financial Aid to Illegal Aliens

DACA-protester-DREAMers-deportations-ICE-illegal-immigration

By TOM CICCOTTA

A local news report revealed that the state of New Jersey awarded $3.8 million in financial aid to illegal immigrants during the 2018-2019 school year.

According to a report from NJ.com, the state of New Jersey gave $3.8 million in financial aid to 749 illegal immigrant students in the last academic year. More than a quarter of the funding went to 328 illegal immigrants that attend Rutgers University.

New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy signed a law last year that allowed illegal immigrants to apply for financial aid. Prior to the signing, illegal immigrants were permitted to apply to pay in-state tuition at public universities but they were not eligible for financial aid.

Murphy, who supports the spending, hit back at Republican critics by arguing that giving financial aid to illegal immigrants is compatible with American values.

“I’d even invite any of those folks who have that attitude, beginning with our president, to come on into this room and allow me or any of us to say, ‘This is the United States of America,’” Murphy said at the time.

David J. Socolow, executive director of the state’s Higher Education Student Assistance Authority, defended the state’s decision to offer financial aid to illegal immigrants.

“This financial assistance offers these New Jersey students a life-changing opportunity,” Socolow said in a brief comment.“The successes of these first 513 students, who are now attending county colleges, state colleges and universities, and independent institutions around the state, will have a positive impact on countless additional lives.”

According to the report, there is currently no limit on the amount of illegal immigrant students that are permitted to receive financial aid from the state of New Jersey. State lawmakers forecast that they will spend approximately $5 million on financial aid for illegal immigrants each year.

 

 

SWEDEN: PEPPER SPRAY SALES SURGE 90% AMIDST RAPE CONCERNS

Sweden: Pepper Spray Sales Surge 90% Amidst Rape Concerns

Sales have “officially exploded” this summer.

 – AUGUST 20, 2019

Sales of pepper spray in some areas of Sweden have surged as much as 90 per cent amidst concerns over the country’s rape problem.

According to a report by Swedish newspaper Expressen, the Kjell & Company retail chain announced that sales of the self-defense item have spiked 90 per cent in August compared to June.

The sales figures are being described as an “accelerating, increasing trend,” with manufacturer Plegium revealing sales have been rising for years but “officially exploded” this summer.

Another pepper spray company called Bodyguard also revealed that its sales had increased by 21 per cent despite stiff competition from market newcomers.

“The Swedish summer has been shaken by a series of assault rapes. The most notable events have taken place in Uppsala, where two completed rapes and two attempted rapes took place between August 3rd and 7th alone,” reports Expressen.

After a string of four sexual assaults and rapes in the span of five nights, Swedish police in numerous cities advised women to not walk alone at night and to go home early.

Figures released last year found that 58 per cent of convicted rapists and 85 per cent of all convicted assault rapists in Sweden were born outside of Europe.

In cases where the victim did not know the attacker, the proportion of foreign offenders was more than 80 per cent. Nearly 40 per cent of the convicted rapists are from the Middle East or from Africa, areas of the world from which Sweden has accepted large numbers of migrants in recent years.

A study by the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet found that 88 per cent of gang rapists in the Scandinavian country over the last six years have had a migrant background.

Other figures show that migrants from Muslim-majority nations commit 84 per cent of “very violent” rapes in Sweden.

As we reported yesterday, robberies targeting children in Sweden have also hit a new record high, with young men with migrant backgrounds being blamed for the spike.

TWO ICE BUILDINGS HIT WITH GUNFIRE IN SAN ANTONIO

Two ICE Buildings Hit With Gunfire in San Antonio

Bullets missed federal officers by two inches!

By Kelen McBreen – AUGUST 14, 2019

The FBI is investigating the shooting of two Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) buildings in San Antonio, Texas.

The agency is describing the incidents as “targeted attacks” of federal agents, with bullets missing an employee by only two inches.

Despite the shooting taking place at 3 a.m., multiple federal employees were working in the offices at the time.

Acting Director of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Ken Cuccinelli, tweeted out a photo of one of the bullet holes that went through a window.

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 3.02.39 PM

A special agent in charge of the FBI’s San Antonio division, Christopher Combs, said, “These shootings were cowardly, brazen, violent acts, absolutely without justification and a threat to our entire community.”

“An attempt to attack federal employees is a federal crime with serious consequences. The FBI will relentlessly pursue every lead in this case to find the individuals who are responsible,” he continued.

During a Tuesday press conference, Combs made it clear he thinks the shooter or shooters “did some research” before targeting the building.

“I don’t think there is a question that they knew which floor the ICE office is on,” he said.

Combs also stressed the fact that other ICE buildings across the country are in danger of being attacked as political hostility against the agency continues to be fomented by the left.

“Political rhetoric and misinformation that various politicians, media outlets and activist groups recklessly disseminate to the American people regarding the ICE mission only serve to further encourage these violent acts,” ICE spokesperson Nina Pruneda stated.

Last month, an ANTIFA member was shot and killed by police as he threw Molotov cocktails at an ICE facility while armed with a semi-automatic rifle.

Students sign petition to ban ‘offensive’ white man in crosswalk signs

By Ethan Cai

  • GWU students recently voted to change the school’s “Colonials” mascot and told Campus Reform that President Barack Obama is the best president in history.

  • Campus Reform went undercover to George Washington University to ask students if they supported changing the “offensive” and “oppressive” white man in crosswalk lights, as well.

     

    With the rise of politically correct culture, students and universities have vehemently pushed for diversity and inclusivity movements, resulting in many things being labeling “offensive.”

    In the past, students have signed fake petitions to ban “offensive” holidays like Valentine’s Day and even Christmas to push diversity and inclusion.

    “I can see like, I guess, why some students have a problem with it… I’ll totally sign that.”    

    [RELATED: VIDEO: GW students say ‘Colonials’ mascot too offensive]

    Amid these ongoing diversity and inclusivity movements, Campus Reform went to George Washington University in Washington, D.C., where students previously voted to ban their “offensive” Colonials mascot. GW students also previously told Campus Reform that President Barack Obama is the best president in U.S. history.

    Campus Correspondent Ethan Cai asked George Washington students if they supported changing “offensive” crosswalk lights because the “walk” sign only portrays an image of a white man.

    How far will this movement of diversity and inclusion go? Where will the line be drawn for what is considered offensive?

    WATCH:

    “As we students cross the street, we are told by the symbol of a white man when it is okay to cross,” the fake petition stated. “Many students from diverse backgrounds, including individuals of color, gender fluid individuals, and LGBTQA+ individuals, feel oppressed by this.”

    [RELATED: VIDEO: Students at George Washington University say Obama is greatest president ever]

    By signing the petition, students “vehemently urge[d] the University to consider changing the crosswalk signs.”

    Many students signed Campus Reform’s fake petition. Even one university faculty member expressed support, as well.

    “There’s definitely a lack of representation,” one student said about the crosswalks. Another said that she thought the change would be “one step” to a more welcoming campus environment.

    [RELATED: VIDEO: Students sign fake petition to ban ‘Hurricane’ mascot at U. Miami]

    “That’s so cute! Oh my god yeah,” a student said with excitement about the idea. “I can see like, I guess, why some students have a problem with it… I’ll totally sign that.”

    “Oh that’s so lit,” another student exclaimed.

    What did other students say? Watch the full video above to find out.

Trump Ending Welfare-Dependent Immigration, Saving Taxpayers Billions

Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 11.13.48 AM

By John Binder

President Trump is set to save American taxpayers billions of dollars as his administration announces a new rule on Monday that will essentially ban welfare-dependent legal immigrants from permanently resettling in the United States.

A new regulation set to be published by the Trump administration will ensure that legal immigrants would be less likely to secure a permanent residency in the U.S. if they have used any forms of welfare in the past, including using subsidized healthcare services, food stamps, and public housing.

The regulation will be a boon for American taxpayers in the form of an annual $57.4 billion tax cut — the amount taxpayers spend every year on paying for the welfare, crime, and schooling costs of the country’s mass importation of 1.5 million new, mostly low-skilled legal immigrants.

The National Academies of Science released a report two years ago, noting that state and local American taxpayers are billed about $1,600 each year per immigrant to pay for their welfare, where immigrant households consume 33 percent more cash welfare than American citizen households.

A recent Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) study notes that about 63 percent of noncitizen households in the U.S. use at least one form of taxpayer-funded welfare, while only about 35 percent of native-born American households are on welfare. This means that noncitizen households use nearly twice as much welfare as native-born American households.

In California — with the largest noncitizen population in the country at almost 11 million or nearly 30 percent of the state’s total population — more than seven-in-ten, or 72 percent, of households headed by noncitizens are on at least one form of welfare. Compare that to the findings that only about seven-in-twenty, or 35 percent, of native-born households in California are on welfare.

Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 11.17.33 AM

Preventing Americans from being forced to foot the bill for welfare for newly arrived legal immigrants is hugely popular among U.S. voters. A Rasmussen Reports poll conducted in 2017 revealed that more than six-in-ten voters, or 62 percent, said they would support a plan that bans legal immigrants from receiving welfare for at least the first five years of their residency in the country. Roughly 67 percent of swing voters and nearly 60 percent of black Americans said they would support such a plan.

Another 76 percent of U.S. voters said welfare users should be mandated to prove that they are not in the country illegally before being allowed to obtain public benefits, including 74 percent of black Americans, 77 percent of swing voters, and 63 percent of Democrat voters.

Currently, there is an estimated record high of 44.5 million foreign-born residents living in the U.S. This is nearly quadruple the immigrant population in 2000. The vast majority of those arriving in the country every year are low-skilled legal immigrants who compete against working and middle-class Americans for jobs.

‘Bring migrants to Hollywood’: Salvini mocks Richard Gere for wading into Mediterranean crisis

Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 10.40.40 AM

In a stinging rebuke, Italy’s Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini has mockingly suggested that Richard Gere should house migrants in his Hollywood villas after the actor involved himself in the Mediterranean migrant crisis.

The Pretty Woman star felt the wrath of the Italian interior minister after visiting the ‘Open Arms’ ship, which has been stranded in the Mediterranean since it collected over 120 migrants from rafts eight days ago.

The 69-year-old urged the Italian government to “stop demonizing people” and compared the situation to the policy approach taken by US President Donald Trump regarding migrants traveling to the US from Central America.

When the matter was brought to Salvini’s attention by a reporter, he offered an incredulous reply. I am lost! I hope he gets a tan, that he feels good, but I don’t think he misses anything, so, have a good trip,” he said.

Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 10.43.54 AM

Seemingly intrigued by Gere’s unexpected involvement, the Lega Nord leader subsequently issued a statement offering a tongue-in-cheek solution to the ‘Open Arms’ standoff.

“Given this generous millionaire is voicing concern for the fate of the ‘Open Arms’ migrants, we thank him. He can take them back to Hollywood, on his private plane, all the people aboard and support them in his villas. Thank you, Richard!” Salvini said.

Gere has yet to confirm whether he will take up the suggestion.

WashPo: ‘Free Speech Makes It Difficult to Prosecute White Supremacy’

By Chris Menahan

The Washington Post lamented Thursday that the First Amendment makes it difficult to prosecute “white supremacists” for their political beliefs.

From The Washington Post, “Why free speech makes it difficult to prosecute white supremacy in America”

Federal authorities have used RICO many times to prosecute white prison gangs, but what got the members of organizations such as the Aryan Brotherhood locked up under the statute was not the racism they believed but the acts they committed: crimes including drug trafficking, murder, kidnapping and money laundering.

In the case of mass shootings by those who believe in white supremacy, such as the young white man who allegedly killed 22 people at a Walmart store in El Paso last weekend, prosecutors don’t need RICO to make a criminal case.

But if they wanted to use RICO to hold accountable the collective ideology that radicalized the shooter, they would need to prove that there was an organized enterprise involved with that ideology, that there was a traceable criminal conspiracy to commit violence and that there was a leader or leaders who instructed others to cause harm.

Without that, the collective ideology is not a conspiracy but hate speech. And in the United States, hate speech is not criminal. It’s a right protected by the First Amendment.

C’mon now, where’s your can-do attitude?

This is more like it:

But according to retired law professor G. Robert Blakey, who wrote the RICO statute and is considered the nation’s foremost authority on it, federal authorities should be using RICO to more rigorously investigate white extremist groups without violating free speech protections.

It wouldn’t be easy, he said, but there’s “no excuse” not to try.

Well said. The Bill of Rights is no reason not to start locking people up for their political beliefs!

Incidentally, the Post reported one day earlier how a Trump appointed prosecutor is “putting white supremacists in jail” by hitting them with archaic rioting charges for fighting with antifa (despite one California judge already throwing said rioting charges out for violating the First Amendment):

CAP

By the way, if you’re wondering who classifies as a “white supremacist” in modern America, just ask rapidly-rising Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren:

CAP

That’s all we need to hear, Liz! Lock him up! 

MAN WRONGLY EXPOSED AS “TRUMP DONOR” BY JOAQUIN CASTRO FEARS FOR FAMILY’S SAFETY – HAD ACTUALLY DONATED TO CASTRO

Man Wrongly Exposed as “Trump Donor” by Joaquin Castro Fears for Family's Safety – Had Actually Donated To Castro

List wrongly identified man as top Trump donor

  – AUGUST 9, 2019

A man whose name erroneously appears on a Trump donor list propagated by Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-TX) says he needed to go over emergency plans with his family after the list put him in danger.

“Harper Huddleston” and his business were listed as one of Trump’s top San Antonio area donors in a list tweeted out by Castro earlier this week, but Huddleston says the name on the list refers to his retired father, with whom he shares a first name.

“He said the mix-up was because they share the same first name, but have different middle names, though his father does not go by the name Harper,” reported Fox News.

Huddleston says while he’s a Trump supporter, he has actually donated to the mayoral campaign of Joaquin’s brother Julian Castro, who is currently running for president.

The mix-up has put Huddleston and his family in danger, and he, his wife and three children have been forced to review emergency strategies on how to stay safe.

“We convened together as a family and talked about situational awareness, exit strategy, avoiding and exiting conflict, talked about staying low and close to home and just being at our very highest senses,” Huddleston said in an interview with Fox & Friends.

Huddleston said he takes issue with Castro using his large platform as a politician, amplified by the media, to demonize an entire group as racist, and says it has only strengthened his support for Trump.

“All this does is galvanize the interest and reinvigorate making America great again,” he stated.

Despite taking heat from both Republicans and Democrats on the issue, not to mention the fact that two mass shootings were carried out over the weekend in the name of political violence, Castro has yet to delete the tweet.

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑