MOB VIOLENTLY CHASES POLICE AWAY AFTER AUTHORITIES TRY TO CLOSE MOSQUE

Video: Mob Violently Chases Police Away After Authorities Try to Close Mosque

Social distancing proving to be a problem in Pakistan.

By Paul Joseph Watson – April 3, 2020

A video out of Karachi, Pakistan shows a violent mob chasing away a police car after authorities tried to shut down a local mosque as part of social distancing rules.

The clip shows a mob of hundreds of men pursuing the police cruiser while screaming and hurling rocks at the car.

“Today when police reportedly tried to stop a Friday prayer congregation at a mosque forcibly in #Karachi’s Liaquatabad, residents reacted violently,” tweeted journalist Zia Ur Rehman.

Another clip shows one of the officers wearing a mask being manhandled by the crowd.

According to the Business Recorder, “An Imam of a mosque in Liaquatabad area was holding Friday congregation prayers despite a ban imposed by the government from 12 noon to 3 pm. A large number of people also gathered in the mosque to offer Friday prayers.”

The Imam then incited the mob to attack the police, causing them to flee “in a bid to save their lives.”

A larger contingent of officers later reached the site and arrested the Imam along with three other people.

As we previously highlighted, Muslim migrants living in Europe’s “sensitive” ghettos have also largely ignored the lockdown measures.

The situation is so dire that a top government official in France suggested not enforcing the law in migrant-heavy areas and keeping shops open in order to prevent riots.

VIDEO: MIGRANTS IN PARIS REFUSING TO COMPLY WITH QUARANTINE ORDER

Video: Migrants in Paris Refusing to Comply With Quarantine Order

Shout at police during confrontation.

  – MARCH 19, 2020

Video footage out of Paris shows migrants violating the country’s quarantine order by being outside without good reason as they squabble with and shout at police.

The clip appears to show a man being arrested and bundled into a police car by officers.

A group of migrants then immediately forms a crowd around the police officers and begins loudly remonstrating with them.

As we highlighted earlier, French citizens are being forced to fill out paperwork every time they leave the house to explain why they are breaking quarantine.

It doesn’t look like migrants in France’s troubled areas are being treated the same way.

In another video, a woman in France breaking quarantine deliberately coughs on police officers.

As we previously highlighted, migrants in Naples, Italy are also violating the lockdown order and roaming around the streets.

Meanwhile, in Germany, migrants rioted, displayed ISIS flags and threatened to burn down their own refugee camp after the facility was quarantined.

French intellectual Eric Zemmour appeared on television to warn that looting was already taking place in migrant neighborhoods of France.

“In Saint Denis, as you have seen, in the 18th arrondissement, at the Duchère in Lyon, there are already many people in the immigrant neighborhoods who have started to revolt,” said Zemmour.

“They don’t want to respect the quarantine. This could end very badly. There is already looting in the supermarkets,” he added.

California preparing for worst case scenarios

California considering martial law...

See the source image

By Adam Beam and Don Thompson

It’s likely “few if any” California schools will reopen before summer break, Gov. Gavin Newsom said Tuesday as he provided a stark assessment of the implications from the spreading coronavirus that threatens to overwhelm the state’s hospitals and drain its spending reserves.

While urging Californians to stay united and promising “we will get back to the life that we have lived,” Newsom also acknowledged much is unknown and so the state is preparing for frightening worst-case scenarios. He put the California National Guard on alert for duties that include humanitarian missions like ensuring proper food distribution and public safety as some grocery stores resorted to rationing to control panic buying.

He said the state is acquiring two vacant hospitals to beef up capacity as it faces the possibility of a surge of hospital patients. California also is negotiating with about 900 hotels to acquire tens of thousands of rooms that could be used for hospital patients and for the homeless, a group particularly susceptible to coronavirus, which is spread by coughs and sneezes.

The virus is affecting every aspect of life in California and is devastating many of the state’s key industries.

With the state’s reserves approaching $21 billion, Newsom said the state has more money in its savings account than ever before. But he warned that “the magnitude of this moment may exceed those reserves.”

The state Legislature approved $1.1 billion in emergency spending Monday and then voted to suspend its session in what is believed to be the first unexpected work stoppage in 158 years. Lawmakers went one step further Tuesday by closing both the Capitol and the Legislative Office Building to the public “until further notice.”

It’s all part of a rapidly escalating reaction that saw three more Northern California counties on Tuesday follow the example of those in the San Francisco Bay Area that told residents to stay at home and go outside only for food, medicine and other essential needs.

At a news conference, Newsom did not announce a similar requirement statewide, but previously told bars, restaurants, movie theaters, fitness centers and other gathering places to shut their doors as the death toll crept to 12 and the number of confirmed cases neared 500. All people 65 and older and those with underlying health conditions have been encouraged to stay indoors.

In readying the National Guard for action, Newsom’s office emphasized that it’s for duties routinely performed during natural disasters and other emergencies. But Newsom grimly added that “we have the ability to do martial law … if we feel the necessity.”

Imposing martial law would take the extraordinary step of replacing the usual laws with military authority, with the possible suspension of civil liberties like freedom of association and movement.

U.S. and California health officials have repeatedly warned that the virus could have a devastating impact and that the timetable for controlling it isn’t known. President Donald Trump on Monday said the crisis could last until August.

California’s 415 hospitals have been planning for a surge of patients. They have about 88,000 beds and Newsom said health officials are running models to determine needs based on various infection rates and resulting hospitalizations. Under worst-case scenarios, California could be short 20,000 beds, he said.

“So we had a very candid and a sober if not sobering conversation about where we may be and where we need to go together,” he said after the meeting with hospital officials. “The good news is none of it surprised any of us. We as a state, working with our system, anticipated much of these needs and have been running plans to address them.”

He said the state should have the two large hospitals in its possession as early as Friday and will use money from the emergency authorization to get them ready for service.

Meantime, on the education front, Newsom said nearly 99% of the state’s K-12 schools are shuttered for periods generally ranging from two to five weeks. Newsom, a father of four young children, said his family is among those that have started home-schooling.

“It is unlikely that many of these schools, few if any, will open before the summer break,” he said, urging the more than 6 million schoolchildren and their families to make long-term plans.

The state has applied for a federal waiver that means children would not have to face academic tests once they eventually return to school, said Newsom, a first-term Democrat.

“We think it is totally inappropriate for kids to worry about coming back and being tested,” he said.

Newsom also shared a personal story that influenced his decision to tell the public to prepare for longer-than-expected closures.

He said he returned home late Monday after a hectic day to find one of his two daughters, 6-year-old Brooklynn, in her room, her stuffed bunny and most of her bedding on the floor. She was crying and upset about her school being closed and not seeing her friends.

“I told her, ‘Honey, I don’t think the schools are going to open again,’” Newsom said. “If I can tell my daughter that and not tell your daughter … then I’m not being honest and true to the people of the state of California. Boy I hope I’m wrong, but I believe that to be the case.”

California education and health officials late Tuesday offered guidelines for teachers to assist children with online learning, while offering free access to learning tools. It also offered guidelines for how to distribute free meals.

Many of the shuttered schools may be used to provide meals to lower-income students and for child care, Newsom said.

Providing child care at a time when residents are supposed to remain well separated to avoid spreading the disease brings its own challenges, Newsom said. Those caregivers “will want to have personally protective gear, make sure social distancing is practiced, make sure that we not just secure the sites but make sure that they’re healthy,” he said.

He said some of the money approved by state lawmakers on Monday could go to help with that effort.

___

Associated Press journalists Kathleen Ronayne and Cuneyt Dil contributed to this story.

European Union Demands Greece Provide Asylum to Migrants Storming Turkish Border

The globalists aren’t having Greece’s border controls.

By 

Unelected bureaucrats of the European Union are demanding that Greece uphold asylum rights for the latest wave of migrants storming its border, weeks after the southern European nation suspended all asylum claims.

Thousands of itinerant migrants have been seeking to enter Greece in recent weeks after Turkey allowed the large migrant population it had been housing to pass through the country.

Ylva Johansson, the EU commissioner for home affairs and a Swedish national, is traveling to the country on Thursday to state a list of demands and mandates from Brussels for the nation. Johansson isn’t happy that Greece is refusing to provide a byzantine(no pun intended) legal process for so-called refugees storming the country.

Johansson claims Greece is treaty-obligated as a member of the union to permit migrants to apply for asylum.

“Individuals in the European Union have the right to apply for asylum. This is in the treaty, this is in international law. This we can’t suspend.”

It probably won’t go over well in the Mediterranean country that a foreign bureaucrat intends to lecture them on their response to the crisis of mass immigration flowing over the border from Turkey. Citizens of Greece largely expect the EU to assist them in dealing with the problem, namely in compelling Turkey to shut down the transit of migrants from the eastern parts of the country to its European border with Greece.

Greece is the latest country to question in policy the supposedly universal right to request asylum, a legal tactic often applied by illegal immigrants without a genuine case for refugee protections and utilized by human smugglers to facilitate illegal immigration in Europe and North America.

Thousands of migrants remain camped on Greece’s border with Turkey. Unfortunately for them, they can’t count on solidarity and assistance from the European Union in dealing with the problem, but rather a set of mandates and demands to let them in.

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot cancels St. Patrick’s Day parades because of coronavirus, says they’ll be rescheduled

CAP

By John Byrne – 3/11/2020

The coronavirus claimed its first major events in Chicago’s civic life Wednesday, as Mayor Lori Lightfoot canceled the city’s massive St. Patrick’s Day parades for this weekend because of fears the disease would spread through the dense crowds.

The mayor made her decision after days of speculation as other cities from Boston to Dublin dropped their festivities for the holiday. Lightfoot called off Saturday’s downtown parade and Sunday’s South Side Irish parade just days before they were set to step off. She also canceled a smaller Northwest Side parade.

“This was not an easy decision and we don’t take it lightly,” Lightfoot said at a morning news conference with Gov. J.B. Pritzker and other officials announcing the decision.

The mayor’s last minute move to shut down the parades reflects the difficulty of the call. The St. Patrick’s Day revelry — which features the famous dyeing of the Chicago River green on the morning of the downtown parade — is a huge boon to Chicago hotels, restaurants and bars as people stream into the city from throughout the Midwest.

CAP

CAP

Lightfoot said officials would work to reschedule the parades at a later date.

The local tourism industry is already reeling from the recent cancellations of several big trade shows at McCormick Place, and the St. Patrick’s Day events draw tens of thousands of spectators.

 

But in the end, Lightfoot had to know she would be judged more harshly if Chicago got hit especially hard by the COVID-19 virus and the outbreak was traced back to the decision to go ahead with the parades. Health officials have been warning for weeks that the best way to avoid contracting the respiratory ailment is to avoid close contact with people who are infected.

 

“Like cities across the nation, we concluded that having a parade at this time posed an unnecessary risk to the public’s health,” she said.

Downtown Ald. Brendan Reilly, 42nd, noted how hard it was to scrap the events.

“It was a very difficult call for the Mayor,” Reilly said Wednesday. “Nobody is more sensitive to the concerns of the downtown business community than I am, so this is very disappointing. But, as the son of a public health doctor who ran County Hospital, I can say this is 100% the right call.”

 

Pritzker said he supported the decision as officials were trying to minimize the rampant spread of COVID-19.

 

“This is not a decision that she took lightly, and we all know what the St. Patrick’s Day celebrations mean to the city of Chicago,” Pritzker said. “Because of what we’ve seen nationally, and across the world, of the increased risk of large gatherings, this was the right call.”

 

With the mayor out of town on vacation, Pritzker on Tuesday questioned whether Chicago’s parades should happen this weekend, even as event organizers and city officials said the celebrations would go on as planned.

 

There’s a precedent for a public spectacle causing serious public fallout during an outbreak.

 

In 1918, Philadelphia went ahead with a parade meant to drum up support for the sale of bonds to fund the U.S. effort in World War I, despite concerns about the burgeoning Spanish flu. Philadelphia then saw particularly high flu rates, and the decision to hold the parade has been blamed by historians.

 

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑