Finland college attack that killed 1 and injured 10: What we know so far

CAP

The Finnish city of Kuopio was gripped by violence on Tuesday after an attacker went on a stabbing spree targeting students temporarily based at a local shopping mall. Here is what is known about the incident so far.

Location: temporary college premises

The violence erupted in the Herman shopping mall in the southern part of the city. Some of its space was temporary rented by the Savo Vocational College while its campus is under renovation. The mall gave rooms to around 600 students and 50 employees of the college.

1 killed, 10 injured

Kuopio police found one dead body when searching the mall after responding to the emergency. Eight apparent victims of the attacker were also found and sent to local hospitals.

The suspected perpetrator was injured after police used firearms to apprehend the assailant. An officer recieved a minor injury as well. Two people were reported to be in critical condition.

CAP

Suspect was student, Finnish national with no criminal record

The police identified the suspect as a student of the college, born in 1994, with no criminal record. He is a Finnish citizen. The police are yet to determine what motivated him to attack fellow students.

Sword attack and fire

The man used a long-bladed weapon to cut his victims, police said, confirming accounts of witnesses, who said a sword was involved. He also had a firearm on him, the police said, but it’s not clear whether he used it or not. He may also be responsible for a small fire at the second floor of the mall, which was quickly extinguished.

Student launched deadly attack at Finnish vocational college using a sword – eyewitnesses

CAP

‘Shocking, completely unacceptable’

Finnish Prime Minister Antti Rinne responded to the violence in Kuopio on Twitter, saying it was “shocking and completely unacceptable,” while extending condolences to the victims.

CAP

Hungary Offers to Patrol Italian Border

See the source image

By Dan Lyman

Hungary is prepared to assist Italy in controlling its borders and deporting illegal migrants, Prime Minister Viktor Orbán has announced.

The Hungarian leader extended an open hand of partnership to Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte in the interest of defending Europe’s frontiers from mass migration.

“Dear Prime Minister Conte, if it’s needed, we are willing to take over the protection of certain sections of the Italian border,” PM Orbán said during an address to the annual congress of his ruling Fidesz party. “We will undertake the repatriation of a significant number of migrants in Italy to wherever they came from.”

“We are and we will remain a member of the European Union, but we don’t want a Brussels empire, but a union of European nations… We want to remain who we are, a proud European nation that has sprouted from Christian culture.”

PM Orbán’s offer comes on the heels of a similar proposal he put forward during a recent event in Rome organized by the nationalist-conservative party Fratelli d’Italia (Brothers of Italy).

“Hungary is ready to help Italy in whatever way we can, but there are areas where we cannot help,” Orbán said. “We cannot help with the transport and settlement of any migrants in Hungary. That is impossible.”

“But once you decide it, we can help you defend your borders, and if you are determined to send home the migrants who are already here, we can help you with that, too.”

“Mandatory settlement quotas, we cannot accept, but deportation quotas with pleasure,” Orbán declared. “So if PM Conte were to ask the Hungarians to send home a couple of thousand migrants from Italy back to where they came from, then Hungary will be ready and help fulfill such obligations.”

The Italian Interior Ministry reports that migrant arrivals by sea have begun to increase again for the first time in 2019, a trend which coincides with the ousting of former Interior Minister Matteo Salvini, who had managed to slash migration by a stunning 94 percent after mere months in office.

US STRIKES DEAL WITH HONDURAS ON ‘ASYLUM SEEKERS’

US Strikes Deal With Honduras on 'Asylum Seekers'

Honduras to accept Central American migrants to resettle closer to home

Deutsche Welle – SEPTEMBER 26, 2019

The US and Honduras have signed a deal which would allowing Washington to send more asylum-seekers there.

But critics say it’s not safe to seek asylum in Honduras, as it’s is among the world’s most violent countries.

Honduras will be required to accept more asylum-seekers after representatives of the Central American country and the US signed a new bilateral agreement on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly on Wednesday.

The deal “will allow migrants to seek protection as close to home as possible,” a senior US official told reporters. Both sides remained notably tight-lipped on the details of the agreement, including the date of its going into effect.

Washington recently signed a similar deal with Honduras’ neighbors El Salvador and Guatemala. The three nations make up the so-called “Northern Triangle” of Central America, known as one of the most violent areas in the world. Drug-smuggling routes lead through the region, prompting extremely high gang activity and murder rates.

However, the US accords declare them to be safe enough for asylum-seekers to seek protection there. Earlier this year, the US cut aid to three nations over border security, before restoring some of its programs in June.

The bulk of migrant families arriving to the border between Mexico and the US are from Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala. Many of them surrender to US authorities and seek asylum.

While the new accords would not allow the US government to send them back, they would pave the way to send them to the countries they passed through on their way to the border.

In addition to South and Central American migrants, the deal would also affect Africans and Cuban nationals, many of whom take the plane to the Northern Triangle and travel north on buses.

Asylum advocates slammed the Honduras deal as a “grotesque mockery” of the process.

“We will say it again and again: people cannot be forced to seek safety in countries where they will not be safe,” said Charanya Krishnaswami from Amnesty International USA.

An influx of asylum-seekers would require the Northern Triangle nations to build up their capacities for the newcomers’ accommodation.

Earlier this week, the US announced $47 million (€42.9 million) in aid for Guatemala to build up its asylum system. It was not immediately known if the other two countries would receive US funding.

Former Honduran Foreign Minister Guillermo Perez Cadalzo-Arias said his nation would need to depend on US funding.

“Our economies are unprepared for a situation like this, so you should expect that it be a shared responsibility,” he said.

On Wednesday, US President Donald Trump met his Honduran counterpart Juan Orlando Hernandez in New York. The meeting was not open to reporters.

Hernandez faces trial on drug-related charges in October. US prosecutors had pledged to provide evidence that the president had used his brother’s drug trafficking connections for political gain. The Honduran leader has denied any wrongdoing.

“THIS IS FOR AFGHANISTAN”: SHOCKING BOTTLE ATTACK BY MIGRANT IN GERMANY CAUGHT ON CAMERA

"This is For Afghanistan": Shocking Bottle Attack by Migrant in Germany Caught on Camera

Viral video showcases disgusting act of random violence

JUNE 12, 2019

A shock video out of Germany shows a migrant smashing a bottle over another young man’s head while saying, “This is for Afghanistan.”

It is not known where the incident took place, but the video began circulating on social media earlier today.

The young migrant is seen talking in German on camera while holding the bottle in his hand.

He then states, “This is for Afghanistan” before smashing the bottle over the head of a white German man, who then screams out in pain as he lay bleeding on the street.

According to the German government’s own statistics, violent crime in Germany rose by 10 per cent between 2015 and 2016, when the country began accepting large numbers of migrants, many of them young men. More than 90 per cent of the rise was attributable to young male “refugees”.

“Young male refugees in Germany got the blame…. for most of a two-year increase in violent crime,” reported Reuters.

We anticipate this story receiving widespread media coverage to the same extent that a similar attack on a migrant would receive.

Or maybe not.

There is a war on free speech. Without your support, my voice will be silenced.

Please sign up for the free newsletter here. Donate to me on SubscribeStar here.

Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

Belgian Authorities Clear Migrants From ‘No-Go’ Transit Station

CAP

Dutch Ministry of Justice covered up ‘serious crimes’ by asylum seekers. Rape, battery, murder, etc. listed unspecified as “Other”

By   

Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf reveals attempts by the Ministry of Justice and Safety to obfuscate the amount of crime committed by asylum seekers. In an article published on 16 May, the paper writes that despite promises of openness, the Ministry has attempted to hide serious crimes by misnaming them ‘other incidents’. Those ‘other incidents’ include rape cases and child abuse.

This deliberate attempt at misleading the public comes after De Telegraaf had to resort to legal steps in 2017 to get data on crimes committed by asylum seekers. Then, the Ministry denied keeping a separate registration, claiming it had no figures to release. In reality, the police kept statistics, with De Telegraafclaiming the sheer volume of the files kept the authorities from releasing the information.

In what the paper dubs a ‘painful affair’, two years later the Ministry is up to its old tricks again. The aim is yet again to obscure: it is the Ministry that grouped a 1000 ‘other crimes’, and yet again De Telegraaf had to resort to police sources to fill in the deliberate blanks.

Of the 1000 ‘others’, 79 were sexual offences, ranging from sexual assault, to sexual abuse of children, to rape, to possession of child pornography. Police were called for 51 cases of battery, 31 cases of murder or manslaughter. There were 5 counts of kidnap or hostage taking, 4 times it was for human trafficking, and 73 times there was a disturbance of the peace.

The Ministry, meanwhile, professes its innocence. A spokesperson blames the police for not giving exact enough data. But the fact that the police has the information, implies that the Ministry could have demanded the information, according to Jasper van Dijk, MP. He concludes that “it is remarkable that the Ministry didn’t report this [want of information], this is a lack of transparency. We need to know what we are debating.”

The 1000 ‘other’ crimes paint a less than sterling picture of the situation in and around asylum locations. In total, the police registered 4600 crimes committed by asylum seekers in 2018. Shoplifting (2030 cases) was popular, followed by pickpocketing, stealing purses, physical abuse and making threats.

read the rest of the article here.

UK POLICE FORCE RIDICULED FOR CONFISCATING A SPOON

UK Police Force Ridiculed For Confiscating a Spoon

Fighting violent crime one kitchen utensil at a time

A police force in the UK has been ridiculed for bragging about fighting knife crime by confiscating a spoon.

Regents Park Police said that a local charity shop had handed over a collection of potentially dangerous weapons to prevent criminals buying them.

“Yesterday we conducted weapons sweeps, dealt with a person injured from a van reversing on them, reported a burglary and collected all these from @scope charity shop who diligently didn’t want them to get into the wrong hands & disposed of correctly & safely,” said the police force in a tweet.

CAP

Eagle-eyed observers soon noted that amongst the trawl of deadly weapons, most of which were cooking knives and letter openers, was a spoon.

That’s right. With violent crime soaring and street gangs becoming more vicious, police in London are confiscating spoons.

“They CHOSE to include the spoon,” commented journalist Tim Pool. “They could have just left it out. They really do think spoons are dangerous.”

CAP

“Cereal killer,” joked another respondent.

CAP

“If you can’t trust the new Londoners you imported to handle spoons without stabbing someone, perhaps you have a problem which requires more than spoon confiscation to solve?” asks Chris Menahan.

The same police force was also ridiculed last year for confiscating pliers, scissors and a screwdriver.

CAP

The war on spoons doesn’t really seem to be helping reduce knife crime in the UK, which recently hit its highest level since records began.

———————————————————————————————————————

There is a war on free speech. Without your support, my voice will be silenced.

Please sign up for the free newsletter here. Donate to me on SubscribeStar here.

Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

Survey: Over Half of Swedes Reject Taking More Refugees

Swedish

By Chris Tomlinson

A new survey at attitudes towards migration across Europe has found more than half of Swedes say they do not want to see the country take in more refugees, making it one of the most migration-sceptic nations.

Around 8,000 people in Germany, Poland, Spain, Hungary, Italy, Belgium, France and Sweden were asked a series of questions in the survey, including “Do you agree with the statement: ‘My country should not receive more refugees from conflict areas.’?” to which 51 per cent of the Swedish respondents said they agreed, Spanish newspaper El Paisreports.

While both Poland and Italy were tied with 53 per cent saying they agreed with the statement, the Swedish number exceeded that of Hungary, a nation noted for its strong anti-mass migration stance and policies, at 49 per cent.

More than one-third, 35 percent of the respondents across all of the countries surveyed, said that immigration was the most important issue facing the European Union today but only 14 percent said that the European Union had managed to handle the migrant crisis in 2015 and 2016 in a competent manner.

By contrast, 41 percent of Germans say they would welcome more refugees despite being the largest recipient of migrants during the height of the migrant crisis, and the challenges of rising crime, increased spending and lack of both cultural and economic integration.

CAP

For Sweden, migration has been a core issue in elections since the height of the migrant crisis in 2015, with the issue dominating the 2018 national elections, according to similar surveys taken last year.

Several reports in Sweden have highlighted the issues surrounding mass migration, including an unpublished report earlier this year that proved that the costs for an increase in migration promised by the Swedish government earlier this year would be far higherthan the initial stated estimates.

Another report, from Swedish broadcaster SVT, revealed the extent of migrant rape rates, claiming over a period of five years, migrants made up 58 percent of those convicted for rapes. The number jumped to 85 percent when accounting to violent rapes in which the victim did not know the perpetrator beforehand.

PARIS: ISLAMIST BUS DRIVER REFUSES TO PICK UP WOMAN BECAUSE OF SHORT SKIRT

Paris: Islamist Bus Driver Refuses to Pick Up Woman Because of Short Skirt

“Think about dressing properly”

A bus driver in Paris described as an “Islamist” refused to pick up the daughter of a famous Algerian poet because her skirt was too short.

According to a report by Italian newspaper Il Giornale, the incident occurred last Tuesday at the Botzaris stop near the Buttes Chaumont park in the 19th arrondissement.

In a Facebook post (which was subsequently censored), Algerian poet Kamel Bencheikh revealed how his 29-year-old daughter Elise and her friend attempted to board the bus at 11pm in the evening.

“When the bus arrived, the driver stopped, looked at them, and left without opening the doors,” wrote Bencheikh.

The girls ran after the bus and managed to catch up to it at a red light. When they asked the driver why they weren’t allowed on board, he responded, “Think about dressing as you should.”

“This individual, who drives a bus and is paid by my taxes, prevented my daughter, a holder of a Navigo pass [subscription pass for public transport in Paris], which was valid and therefore in order, from boarding, only because she was dressed in a skirt,” wrote Bencheikh.

The Paris public transport company RATP promised to investigate the driver, but failed to offer an apology to Elise and her friend. Only a few Republican politicians complained about the incident.

According to the Il Giornale report, Islamists have been entrusted with driving the buses in Paris’ notorious outer suburbs to prevent troublemakers throwing rocks at the vehicles.

“This is the case with Samy Amimour, one of the jihadists who bloodied the Bataclan Theatre,” states the report. “From 2010 to 2012, before going to Syria to fight with the Islamic State, he was a driver for RATP. In the book Mohammed at the wheel — Sharia at the turn, as recalled by Libero, Ghislaine Dumesnit had accused French unions of allowing radicalized Muslims to infiltrate the transport agency, the bus depots were transformed into prayer halls, and drivers were always discriminated against by colleagues of the Islamic faith.”

The media has long declared that “no-go zones” or areas of major cities where de facto sharia law is enforced is all a “conspiracy theory”.

This, despite CNN cameras filming precisely that in London many years ago.

Paris is a Sh*thole

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑