FAKE NEWS MEDIA – IRONY: Reporter Who Shamed ‘Iowa Legend’ Carson King Dismissed From Newspaper for Offensive Tweets

Cancel culture has backfired on a fake news man.

By Shane Trejo

Aaron Calvin, a fake news reporter who shamed Children’s Hospital fundraiser Carson King for offensive tweets earlier this week, is no longer working for the Des Moines Register after his own offensive tweets were unearthed.

Carol Hunter, who works as executive editor for the Register, made the announcement in an op/ed released on Thursday.

“I want to be as transparent as possible about what we did and why, answer the questions you’ve raised and tell you what we’ve learned so far and what we’ll try to do better. For one, we’re revising our policies and practices, including those that did not uncover our own reporter’s past inappropriate social media postings. That reporter is no longer with the Register,” Hunter wrote.

“Thank you for your concerns about our coverage and for hearing me out directly here. To everyone who called, wrote and posted your opinions — your passion about news and its role in our society is clear. We heard you say you want news coverage that helps bring us together, not divide us. We agree, and we appreciate your heartfelt critiques of our work, as well as your support,” she added.

Previously, Hunter had defended the article shaming King for offensive tweets that he had made as a juvenile:

CAP

King had gained prominence after a sign he held asking for beer money at an Iowa State University football game went viral on ESPN’s “College Gameday” this past weekend. After he raised a shocking $1 million dollars on his Venmo account, King announced he would donate the money to the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital. He was widely celebrated as a hero, until the fake news stepped in.

He was then made into a pariah by the journalists, in an instance of cancel culture at its worst. Anheuser-Busch dropped their partnership with him, and he was forced to prostrate himself publicly in an attempt to save face.

“I am so embarrassed and stunned to reflect on what I thought was funny when I was 16 years old. I want to sincerely apologize,” King said. “Thankfully, high school kids grow up and hopefully become responsible and caring adults.”

However, it was soon discovered that Calvin had made many offensive tweets throughout his past as well, and they were publicized on social media by people outraged Calvin would have the audacity to target a man who was doing laudable charity work.

“too many of these n*****s bitch made nowadays, don’t pardon my french” read one tweet. He also said the slur again while quoting Kanye West . “They’d rather give me the ‘n**** please award’. I’ll just take the ‘I got a lot of cheese award’ Tell it like it is Kanye.”

“I just got hit on by Tori Amos’ makeup guy. Never talk to strange gay men.” and “F*** the NYPD,” Colvin wrote in different tweets.

Calvin is now no longer employed with the Register, and the newspaper has suffered a great deal of embarrassment for their irresponsible reporting. Cancel culture has backfired on itself, as leftist fake news reporters are being held to their own Orwellian standards.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: